Author Topic: Shooting range/Training center  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Shooting range/Training center
« on: December 26, 2022, 09:40:50 pm »
This is kind of a feature request/future mod I hope to create. I hope it is in the right place.

- With some of the larger mods, there are so many weapons I have never even tried and testing them on the battle field can be risky.
it would be nice to have a shooting range to test out some of the weapons.
- Possibly this "shooting range" could be used  to boost shooting/aim stats.

The same could go for Melee:
- A place to practice stunning, melee, etc.
- Maybe against live aliens or other solders (training purposes).

My idea is to basically incorporate it as a mission (even though it wouldn't be an actual mission.
The preview screen for "Equip craft" might be a place to do something similar.

I have yet to create my own mod yet but this is something I'd like to work on, is it possible?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 09:43:09 pm by Chuckebaby »

Offline TBeholder

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Shooting range/Training center
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 06:04:07 am »
OXCE already uses pseudo-battlescape for deployment  (Crew → Preview) and to walk the base (right-click on the Access Lift).
This could be much the same, via right click on a facility and constrained to one big room with some dummies and standard flimsy cover. But with real turns and resource regeneration, rather than infinite TU/energy, to evaluate how this will work in a real mission. It would have to discard some or all changes, however, especially if using "hostile" dummies.

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Re: Shooting range/Training center
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 01:09:00 pm »
OXCE already uses pseudo-battlescape for deployment  (Crew → Preview) and to walk the base (right-click on the Access Lift).
This could be much the same, via right click on a facility and constrained to one big room with some dummies and standard flimsy cover. But with real turns and resource regeneration, rather than infinite TU/energy, to evaluate how this will work in a real mission. It would have to discard some or all changes, however, especially if using "hostile" dummies.

These are great ideas. thank you. I think the preview screen would be great for this.