Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1603437 times)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3420 on: September 30, 2023, 07:42:46 pm »
EDIT: can we fix OXC to recognize the usual syntax? Because not having it is just ridiculous. Even if I fix it now, I'll probably do it "wrong" later again.

Not my decision.
But we can ask.

This has been recently added to OXC too.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3421 on: September 30, 2023, 07:56:09 pm »
This has been recently added to OXC too.

Praise the Lord! :)

Offline KaMef

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: October 06, 2023, 02:26:50 pm »

EDIT:

Final Mod Pack version 3.3 has been released.

It seems metadata.yml has not been updated, still 'version: "3.2.2"' stated there.

Offline KaMef

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: October 12, 2023, 12:15:01 pm »
In Final Mod Pack Extended max view distance is increased to 40.
It is a pretty huge change, it should be nice to have an option to choose between the old and this new distance setting, would it be possible to be implemented in the future?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2023, 12:28:02 pm by KaMef »

Offline 127Tom

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Does not work
« Reply #3424 on: November 10, 2023, 04:51:54 pm »
I put the mod folder in my "mods" folder and it does not show up in the dropdown menu.
I use latest build (as today) for OpenXCom (not using extended).
I also needs help to install custom music files. The tutorials doesn't work, I think they are outdated.
Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 04:59:45 pm by 127Tom »

Offline 127Tom

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: November 11, 2023, 04:48:13 am »
Okay, I got it working... I found the mod on the bottom of the feature list (not very intuitive!)
So I have been playing this mod for many hours today and I must say I didn't really enjoy it =
Bullet sponge enemies... also is it impossible to research alien weaponry? When I researched I just got human weaponry.
Game almost gets impossible after a while with the super alien races you meet that can take 100 bullets and just die if you explode the entire map almost.

I think I go back to vanilla

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: November 11, 2023, 11:55:39 am »
I think (played FMP a looong time ago) that they're not bullet sponges, they just have good armour against whatever you're using. So this is what's nowadays referred to as 'skill issue'. :P

Does FMP have armour entries in the pedia? If so, you could try nabbing one alien through sheer persistence, look at what's it got there and see if you've got something that works against its hide. Edit: Yes, it does. /edit

Edit2: But, yes, FMP does away with the "Heavy Plasma in month 3" progression of the original, and you've actually got to fight the super-advanced aliens with your crappy Earth tech for a while. You've got to do some alien-napping and other research before plasma (or even lasers) open up. On the flipside, the human arsenal is a lot bigger and more varied.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 12:04:15 pm by Juku121 »

Offline zee_ra

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: December 05, 2023, 04:46:04 am »
I think (played FMP a looong time ago) that they're not bullet sponges, they just have good armour against whatever you're using. So this is what's nowadays referred to as 'skill issue'. :P

Does FMP have armour entries in the pedia? If so, you could try nabbing one alien through sheer persistence, look at what's it got there and see if you've got something that works against its hide. Edit: Yes, it does. /edit

Edit2: But, yes, FMP does away with the "Heavy Plasma in month 3" progression of the original, and you've actually got to fight the super-advanced aliens with your crappy Earth tech for a while. You've got to do some alien-napping and other research before plasma (or even lasers) open up. On the flipside, the human arsenal is a lot bigger and more varied.

I assume, FMP is already built-in into the XCF.  Is that correct?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: December 05, 2023, 07:13:33 pm »
As far as I know, it's mostly included, but XCF has been going its own way for quite a while now. So what's there might be close, or it might be tweaked/removed, but it's likely that pretty much everything has been at least considered for inclusion.

And then some things were backported to the OXCE 'expansion' of FMP.

Offline Docent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: March 10, 2024, 04:26:53 pm »
Hello everyone.
Has anyone paid attention to the correctness of receiving awards (commendations)?
I flew on a day mission and one of the soldiers received the "Night Stalker" award (STR_MEDAL_TOTAL_NIGHT_MISSIONS).
This was a mission to capture a small scout. But two soldiers received the "Order of Earth" award (STR_MEDAL_TOTAL_IMPORTANT_MISSIONS), but it should not be awarded for the assault on the small scout.
In this mission we killed one single enemy. He died. But two soldiers received the "Order of Restraint" award (STR_MEDAL_ALIENS_KNOCKED_OUT), despite the fact that this is a personal award that should be awarded for capturing a living alien.
This is just what caught my eye...
In addition to FMP (version: "2.9"), I have another, my own, mod enabled. But the criteria for receiving awards have not been changed.

UPD:
I figured it out. This is because of my mod)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 07:37:13 pm by Docent »

Offline Juppyman39

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: April 10, 2024, 07:02:28 am »
Hi

Please tell me, whats the best way of killing the Obliterator? The auxilliary units of the Mutons.
Looks like these things seem to adsorb everything without being destroyed, including 5-6 high explosives, large rockets, Auto cannons with HE bullets etc

Thanks

Edit: in my last mission i had Gauss and Rail weapons already, i shot this thing at least 15-20 times with gauss pistol and heavy gausses, and 2 times with a rail sniper gun, and nothing...
Then he killed 3 of my men with one single large rocket shot, and then i quitted the game...
I am playing on Superhuman, and i get basically only Mutons in every single mission but i cant defeat them only because of this Obliterator...

If the mutons start to attack my bases with this crap thing, i will lose my bases too, please somebody help me with an advice.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 01:12:00 pm by Juppyman39 »