Author Topic: Queue research  (Read 1535 times)

Offline duendeinexistente

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Queue research
« on: July 14, 2022, 01:51:58 am »
Could you guys add a way to queue research? Playing x-files the sheer amount of research topics is getting on my nerves with all the clicking necesary. The UI needing two to four screens to do any one thing in general is pretty tiresome really.
A way to do it would be that when a project ends its researchers are automatically assigned to the next project with zero researchers assigned to it. This could be indicated in the research ending screen as well.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Queue research
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 09:38:57 pm »
When a search is over, I don't necessarily take the next one!
A search at the end of the list can be much more important and has priority!
How do you deal with your idea?  :-[

Offline duendeinexistente

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 10:19:08 pm »
When a search is over, I don't necessarily take the next one!
A search at the end of the list can be much more important and has priority!
How do you deal with your idea?  :-[
Why would you queue the next thing you want last?

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2022, 01:37:18 am »
What I would do is apply several projects at once, and put a few scientists into each one. You can apply ten scientists at a time (or number depending on your settings) by mousing over the project in the list and scrolling up 1 notch on the mouse scroll wheel. This will also cause you to waste fewer scientist-days overall.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 11:02:10 am »
Why would you queue the next thing you want last?
There currently is way to "queue" research topics, so this is a non-argument. Topics are added as they become available, with the newest one usually added last, but with no regards to research priority.

Priority changes as new topics become available, meaning your idea is kind of pointless unless we also have a way to reorder research topics, because the alternative is to manually delete and re-add research topics to reorder the queue. At that point it is less time consuming to simply reassign scientist.