aliens

Author Topic: [Answered] Auto sale of random manufacture  (Read 1801 times)

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[Answered] Auto sale of random manufacture
« on: March 30, 2022, 11:53:35 am »
When you complete manufacturing a project which can produce random items (randomProducedItems), you're presented with a window showing a list of these random items that were produced. I think it would be a great QoL improvement if this list allowed direct sale of these items. Similar to how you're allowed to sell the items at the end of every battle, I'd like it if the same autoSales rules would be applied when selling the randomly produced items.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 10:11:38 am by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] Auto sale of random manufacture
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2022, 12:47:16 pm »
R-click on the items

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 01:14:47 pm »
Oh, I didn't know about that feature. But still, I'd prefer a fully-featured sales window because:
- Sales window remembers your sales. Only a single click is needed to sell everything. R-clicking on the other hand needs a lot of clicks and brain power since you need to remember/check whether you sold a certain item in the past or not.
- With sales window, it's easier to pick out any items you haven't seen before
- With sales window, you can see additional info such as sales price or weight, which might be important for deciding on a sale

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2022, 01:20:09 pm »
How many items do you have in that window?

If I'm not mistaken, piratez has already removed gambling manufacturing projects, exactly because this auto-sell feature was added.

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2022, 01:28:46 pm »
Uhh, all the Spin the Wheel / Reclaim Coupons, etc. are still there. If anything, more were added.

When I reclaim coupons, it's 2-3 pages or so.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2022, 01:39:01 pm »
In that case, talk to Dioxine.

I was explicitly asked to not implement any such QoL, as not having that QoL was deemed as an intended feature; and necessary for game balance reasons (I might be quoting this incorrectly, but it was something to that end).

PS: R-click was done for my personal taste and was never published in a changelog; it "leaked" only relatively recently

PS2: for any other use case than "spin the wheel", just go to the sell GUI via base view

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 02:04:12 pm »
That sounds like a strange reason to reject a feature. "There's one mod which doesn't want this feature, therefore it shouldn't be added."

In that case, wouldn't the correct course of action be... for the mod to simply turn off such a feature through the fixedUserOptions?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2022, 02:15:27 pm »
No, all such attempts always failed... 100% of them.

If a feature can be turned on/off just by editing a text file, it will always be misused.

As for this particular example, why would I add an option for something that is explicitly unwanted for piratez and irrelevant for other mods.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 02:19:54 pm by Meridian »

Offline Delian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2022, 02:32:26 pm »
I'm pretty sure that if people wanted to cheat, they would do so in ways other than enabling a disabled QoL feature.

Oh, no other mods use randomProducedItems? Ok, nevermind then.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2022, 03:04:29 pm »
Maybe I wasn't clear.
If this was seen by everyone as a QoL feature, we wouldn't be having this discussion.
QoL features can be enabled/disabled without anyone caring... QoL features don't break games.
Dioxine sees this as a game breaking game mechanic change, not as QoL.
(I personally don't agree with him about this, but I don't agree with a million other things too... doesn't change the fact that we collectively disagree with each other that this is a QoL feature)

Other mods do use `randomProducedItems` too.
But they either produce only a few different item types (i.e. don't produce long lists) and/or produce only a few items (i.e. don't fill your storage full in 5 seconds).
There are already effective tools in the game covering item management for these cases.
If I missed a use case other than piratez's "spin the wheel", please let me know and we can reconsider the options we have.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 03:13:39 pm by Meridian »