aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] UFO Extender Accuracy settings adjustment  (Read 1338 times)

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[Solved] UFO Extender Accuracy settings adjustment
« on: March 01, 2022, 03:45:39 am »
I'm wondering if it's possible to adjust the settings used for the UFO Extender Accuracy option.

I found a thread at https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3156.msg36142.html#msg36142 which indicated you could change the range values at which the accuracy penalty kicks in.  However, I've tried finding the file where those values can be changed and can not find it.

Even so, you had to change the ranges for each individual weapon but it didn't say anything about actually changing the penalty itself.  If I wanted to, say, change the accuracy penalty from 2% per tile to 1% per tile, is that possible by altering a setting somewhere?  And if so, is it possible to point out exactly where.  I've spent quite a bit of time trying to search the files and while it's possible that it's right in front of me and I haven't seen it, it's none the less frustrating that I can't seem to find it.

While I'm using OXCE, if it's possible to change the settings, would it be the exact same with base OXC?

Thanks for any help/guidance.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 12:27:28 pm by Meridian »

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: UFO Extender Accuracy settings adjustment
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 08:42:29 am »
To follow up with this, I also posted this question on the Discord.  It was suggested there that there is not a global setting but that each weapon would have to be adjusted individually.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile