Author Topic: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.4  (Read 97049 times)

Offline varajo411

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.1.4
« Reply #360 on: September 13, 2024, 07:18:14 pm »
Solaz played XCOM Chronicles a while ago and he was clearing the surface and deep 4 leveled nest. He thought it would have more levels so he rushed his soldiers to the room with hole in it to abort/finish the mission in an attempt to get to the next level. Naturally he lost the mission live on YouTube as level 4 of the nest is the last level and to win it it requires the player to kill or stun all enemies.

His complaint is that the information page does not say it is the last level and made him confused, he had to redo the fourth level as he had luckily a backup save
It totally floored me when he realized that he lost in the stream but I agree with him, it should be clear for the player that when they reach the fourth level of the nest that it is the last.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 14, 2024, 10:38:39 am »
Did he pressed "abort" button, then "confirm" without reading the text? There should be warning about "0 people in entry zone, 0 people in exit zone, X people outside".
I also didn't know that you have to clear the last level. Often it easier to just kill them all.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.17.1
« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2024, 12:29:14 pm »
That's a recent change in OXCE.
https://github.com/MeridianOXC/OpenXcom/commit/25e5545e59fc1ad7148c849e3052e8493c9fa10f

I will write a separate post about what it is and how to handle it.

We will also change it from an error to a warning (for a limited time) to give modders time to migrate.

Hi Nord,

I forgot about this, but the new deadline (1.1.2025) is nearing, so it would be good to prepare the ruleset for the upcoming validation.

I counted 1 error in TWoTS and 138 errors in X-Chronicles.

Afftected file in TWoTS is alienDeployments.rul

You can change this:

Code: [Select]
  - &KEY_PIRATES
    data:
      - alienRank: 5
        lowQty: 4

to this:

- &KEY_PIRATES
    ignore: DUMMY
    data:
      - alienRank: 5
        lowQty: 4

It gives OXCE a hint that KEY_PIRATES is not a real entity and it should not try to load it as a separate object.

Affected files in X-Chronicles are:

alienDeployments.rul
alienMissions.rul
armors.rul
items.rul
soldiers.rul
terrains.rul
units.rul

Easiest way to search for them is probably searching for string "- &", but check by eye too, maybe there are false positives.

You can also see this validation in the log file.
All those entries that look like this:

[14-09-2024_11-18-31] [INFO] Supressed Error for 'Mod': Obsolete (to removed after year 2025) operation Missing main node at line 100
[14-09-2024_11-18-31] [INFO] Supressed Error for 'Mod': Obsolete (to removed after year 2025) operation Missing main node at line 452
[14-09-2024_11-18-31] [INFO] Supressed Error for 'Mod': Obsolete (to removed after year 2025) operation Missing main node at line 963
[14-09-2024_11-18-31] [INFO] Supressed Error for 'Mod': Obsolete (to removed after year 2025) operation Missing main node at line 1381
[14-09-2024_11-18-31] [INFO] Supressed Error for 'Mod': Obsolete (to removed after year 2025) operation Missing main node at line 1982

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2024, 02:56:22 pm »
Ok, will check. Thanks.

Offline Solaz

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: Today at 02:36:30 am »
Did he pressed "abort" button, then "confirm" without reading the text? There should be warning about "0 people in entry zone, 0 people in exit zone, X people outside".
I also didn't know that you have to clear the last level. Often it easier to just kill them all.

When you get to the room with the hole it still says " (X amount) Units in target exit." if your standing on the glowing floor.

Had it said 0, it would be more obvious you cant use that exit anymore.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: Today at 11:52:42 am »
Sorry, dont have enough internet right now to watch stream.
I still can check for terrain bugs. What kind of surrounding was there? (Blue crystal, green slime, etc)

Offline Solaz

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: Today at 02:26:47 pm »
Sorry, dont have enough internet right now to watch stream.
I still can check for terrain bugs. What kind of surrounding was there? (Blue crystal, green slime, etc)

It was basically the same as floor 3 with light blue flooring and crystals around, I just thought it was deeper since it was the first big nest I was clearing and all the others had a queen.
« Last Edit: Today at 02:30:24 pm by Solaz »