Author Topic: Can I skip some arcs (Shogg, UAC) and still achieve victory in X-COM Files?  (Read 2307 times)

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Is it possible to achieve victory in X-COM Files (1.8b) without a deep research of the Shogg, the Hybrids, the Syndicate and the UAC? I have a game in the middle of 1999 and want to win the game faster, measuring the real time. Some Alien commanders were captured and are awaiting their research. No Ethereals between them.

I've tried to investigate my situation with the Tech Tree Viewer and have found that there is "UAC Case Resolved" topic that "Affects game progression". Am I right assuming that the game is unwinnable without having every and one such "affecting" topics researched?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Can I skip some arcs (Shogg, UAC) and still achieve victory in X-COM Files?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 12:18:28 pm »
Yes, all these arcs are optional.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Can I skip some arcs (Shogg, UAC) and still achieve victory in X-COM Files?
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 12:26:13 pm »
Thanks! Hey you, vile demons, mutants, undeground dwellers' rulers! See you next time, I'm going for all varieties of UFO species.

Offline Tchey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Hello,

What are the "must do" to actually reach end game and eventually victory, if all these arcs are optional ?

Feel free to spoil.

Thanks

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
Feel free to spoil.

Spoiler:
Just please don't forget to use the spoiler brackets so that those browsing the "Recent Posts" list don't read something they didn't intend to see.  ;)