Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536689 times)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
[STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« on: November 09, 2013, 02:22:13 am »
11/29/2015 : Stats portion has been merged into the base game. This mod now only provides commendations.

Code: [Select]
08/17/2015 : Merged with the Aug 11th nightly. Untested.

07/22/2015 : There are a few lingering bugs, but stats are being tracked fine. When the bugs are fixed, the commendations can be reset and regiven correctly. Changes are: ufopaedia has a proper commendations entry that has been reordered by Arthanor! Also, the mission details window is enlarged to properly show a mind controlled unit, and psi-related totals are displayed in the kill screen. Psi-related "kills" are still mixed in with regular stats, in order to avoid code duplication.

05/25/2015 : A few commendations are now only awarded for a victory. Thanks to Fudgedragon for bringing this mod up to date with the May 22nd nightly! Hopefully nothing went wrong with uploading the files... it's been a while. A Lost in Service screen has also been added in the mission debriefing.

02/08/2015 : Nightly and Legacy have been updated with new commendations, along with new art. I think there are about 50 unique commendations now? Some of the art is placeholder, however.

01/10/2015 : ivandogovich's ufopaedia mod has been merged into this mod! The French, Italian and Russian translations have been correctly uploaded to the 1.0 version of the mod. Nightly will be a little while longer :)

10/13/2014 : Fixed kills/stuns by melee weapons granting Nike Cross and Order of the Hammer. Improvisation kills/stuns are no longer checked for battle or damage type. Both legacy and nightly have been updated.

10/11/2014 : Added missing lines back to the ruleset.

10/07/2014 : Sync'd with master branch. Added 3 languages! Thanks to SiceX fro Italian, Erased for Russian and werbfred for French!

7/18/2014 : Added missing strings.

7/17/2014 : Added Nike Cross, updated rulesets to reflect the updated code, fixing silly bugs!!

7/08/2014 : Fixed Swiftness medal, added Prowler Cross, fixed modular medals!

6/21/2014 : Base defense locations now save properly. Merged with nightly.

6/20/2014 : Fixed a crash when playing a New Battle. Merged with nightly.

6/15/2014 : Merged with nightly.

5/13/2014 : Memorial works properly. Merged with nightly. Github updated.

5/08/2014 : I play tested and fixed a few things. Also, the person who killed the cyberdisc that killed the whatever now gets credit for that kill!

5/01/2014 : Memorial now works :)

4/30/2014 : More content! I am up to 23 commendations now. Also, lot's of behind the scenes stuff so that save files are less silly. This link has also been merged with the nightly last night.

4/23/2014 : New experimental link. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/04232014%20Commendations%20Mod%20UNTESTED%20MORE%20STUFF.zip

4/21/2014 : Merged with nightly. Also, here are some experimental changes: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/04212014%20Commendations%20Mod%20UNTESTED%20MORE%20STUFF.zip

4/4/2014 : Merged with nightly.

3/30/2014 : Merged with the latest nightly, and added a lot more control over kill related commendations. For example, there is now a commendation for using Incendiary weapons (vanilla only has the Incendiary rocket) and another for killing alien soldiers from each race.

3/24/2014 : Warboy fixed a silly rank oversight in the ruleset, and with his help I was able to rewrite how race and rank are decided for units.

3/23/2014 : Split the ruleset! This mod is now proper in the sense that it does not touch the vanilla rulesets. Replacing the .exe is inevitable, however. Github branch was force updated, so beware of that.

3/18/2014 : Updated the game to match latest changes by devs.

3/7/2014 : Fixed the little mission summary window size problem, and recalculated stat totals instead of updating them (and not saving them which was a bad thing). Only the .exe has been updated

3/6/2014 : Fixed a silly bug that meant you couldn't play past a month using this mod... Oops. Only the .exe has been updated.

2/24/2014 : Sprites scroll!! Also, UFOs now properly display their names in the little mission log window. Links are up to date, however only the .exe and the ruleset has been changed. In the ruleset, I only changed the Merit Star's criteria, so if you did it yourself, then all is well.

2/22/2014 : Fixed HWP bug.

2/21/2014 : Added sprites and commendations to this mod. Commendations do not grant soldiers bonuses. One issue : commendation sprites do not scroll, but nothing crashes. It just doesn't scroll. The github history as been rewritten, so mind that.

1/17/2014 : Finally uploaded my mind control fix. This iteration contains work from my achievement mod, so a ruleset is also needed.

11/18/2013 : Fixed a stun logging bug that crashed the game if the player fell unconscious due to smoke or other environmental effects. Fixed a bug that credited Scout UFOs to terror missions. Here are some more screenshots : https://imgur.com/a/o6OXh. Updated executable and git branch.

11/10/2013 : Kills that are not made by weapons (exploding gas pumps) are credited to the weapon "Improvisation". Wounds are tracked and displayed in mission totals and specific mission information. Git branch updated, dropbox .exe updated.

11/10/2013 : I made some more UI changes. Some basic totals are now displayed in the totals screens, as well as button visibility changes. My git branch's history has been rewritten if anyone is merging it, so beware of that. The dropbox link is also now a public link, so that's good too.

11/9/2013 : _Shadow gave me a lot of feedback on UI stuff, and now things look a ton better. If there are more suggestions, let me hear them. Next thing I want to add are tallies on the kill and mission screens; simple "total missions> #" and the like. Links updated.

This mod tracks more stats for individual soldiers and adds a button to the soldier info screen that allows you to view said stats. It is feature complete, but not everything that is being tracked is shown. I will probably add more information to the career totals screen, but if you have requests, or more importantly suggestions on how I should lay out this information, I am all ears. Also, pallet and background image suggestions are welcome as well.

For those using github : https://github.com/Shoes01/OpenXcom/tree/alpha_release

Link to the .zip containing the ruleset and resources : https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1718.msg55250.html#msg55250
Link to a ruleset using the updated syntax: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1718.msg79897.html#msg79897

Link to the .zip containing exe, ruleset, sprites and the README (this is no longer necessary if you use the latest nightly) :
Nightly version : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/2015-08-11%20Nightly.zip
Latest 1.0 version (reported to crash on start) : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/2015-02-08%20Legacy.zip
Old 1.0 version : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/234369005/OXC/10132014%20Legacy.zip

The following forum post contains various alternate versions of this mod, including OpenXCom Extended : https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1718.msg45954.html#msg45954

New button :

List of missions :

Mission specific details :

Career totals by kills:

Career totals by mission:

Commendations:

Commendation award screen:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 09:28:35 pm by Shoes »

Offline Sharp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 03:03:08 am »
So for further suggestions to this awesome piece of work, perhaps a mission diary for past missions, this could essentially just be the standard mission debrief screen but maybe have an additional space or button to view list of soldiers who went on that mission, not a clickable list (as perhaps many of them died), that might be harder to track though.

As for soldier tracking it looks pretty good, only other things I could think of adding are listing wound history (i.e. 5th Jan Medium Scout, wounded 5 days) and/or total time in sick-bay and maybe rank progression date in diary but these are both extremely minor things which don't really add much, just like the only things not in the mod yet, the alien kill tracking is great.

I am wondering how Dominique Garcia killed 4 sectoids, a floater and a reaper on a Medium Scout mission, or is it just that terror mission doesn't show up as UFO type (as it's not a UFO durrr)?

Thanks for this, im going to have so much fun now :D , Just wondering though are you keeping this fairly close to nightly builds or just going to wait until it gets merged (as it so rightfully deserves)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 04:02:44 am »
So for further suggestions to this awesome piece of work, perhaps a mission diary for past missions, this could essentially just be the standard mission debrief screen but maybe have an additional space or button to view list of soldiers who went on that mission, not a clickable list (as perhaps many of them died), that might be harder to track though.

Another thread talked about a "leaderboard" of sorts; it would be like tracking the same stats as soldiers, but instead of you the commander. It would be very similar to what I have accomplished here, but that would have to wait until after I make my medals mod.

As for soldier tracking it looks pretty good, only other things I could think of adding are listing wound history (i.e. 5th Jan Medium Scout, wounded 5 days) and/or total time in sick-bay and maybe rank progression date in diary but these are both extremely minor things which don't really add much, just like the only things not in the mod yet, the alien kill tracking is great.

Wound history I want to add, because that's a great number to look at. I also thought about having another list but for mind controls, but that might be pushing it. A number might be enough but depending on how the MC code is written, I could probably still track it though, for my medals ;p when I get to work on my medals mod again, keeping track of dates for promotions would be a good idea.

I am wondering how Dominique Garcia killed 4 sectoids, a floater and a reaper on a Medium Scout mission, or is it just that terror mission doesn't show up as UFO type (as it's not a UFO durrr)?

You're right, terror and base missions don't have a UFO. I will be adding a list of mission types as well.

Thanks for this, im going to have so much fun now :D , Just wondering though are you keeping this fairly close to nightly builds or just going to wait until it gets merged (as it so rightfully deserves)

This current build includes the nightly. I will probably not bother to update it too often, but it's easy for me to do, so if there is a new feature that you need from the nightly, let me know! Also, if you're going to use this mod, please let me know if you run into formatting issues :) Like certain names getting cut off or something. I tested for functionality, but I haven't really tested for beauty!

edit : Shadow gave me some good feedback on the IRC, I will be posting new screenshots of a much prettier mod tomorrow!

--- posts merge ---

Wounds are tracked, updated screenshots and exes.

--- posts merge ---

Fixed a stun logging bug that crashed the game if the player fell unconscious due to smoke or other environmental effects. Fixed a bug that credited Scout UFOs to terror missions. Here are some more screenshots : https://imgur.com/a/o6OXh. Updated executable and git branch.

Edit : More screenshots : https://imgur.com/a/UGBEE
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:19:57 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 02:15:43 am »
I guess this is what you were talking about Shoes, i guess i was away for so long that i didn't even realized this existed :O, but man this will e fantastic for a service record, basically tracking all the stats for all your soldiers, a lot of work but looks awesome!!!!

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 09:49:48 pm »
Yeah, I sort of have "two" mods going on, but really it's one mod with parts A and B.

This was part A :) I forget the .exe has the fix for mind controlled units; it may not.

What's left for part B, award medals, is extracting the numbers from the diary. And probably make things more efficient.

--- posts merge ---

I have decided that I will start a "battle log" as well, so that I can more easily track certain stats for my achievments mod.

At the moment, I will track : when turns change, when units are spotted (by who, how far), when units fire (reaction? did the hit land? what body part did it hit? who/what did it hit? what weapon? how much damage?)

I would like to think that such a log would be helpful to others, but really, this is just so I can give commendations to soldiers who kill x many in one turn, or reaction fire while under 4 hp, or shoot their teammates in the back from less than 2 tiles away, or land head shots from 25 tiles away. You know.

This may evolve into a "commander log", which could be tied into a commander leaderboard, which was discussed when I first brought up my achievements mod.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:20:36 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Sharp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 10:45:48 pm »
Sounds brilliant, looking forward to it :D

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 01:25:26 am »
Added a fresh link to the .exe with a link to the ruleset for commendations.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 05:42:03 pm »
We tried to set this up in the last live stream, but I couldn't get it to compile and the exe kept giving DLL errors. :(

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 09:24:51 pm »
We tried to set this up in the last live stream, but I couldn't get it to compile and the exe kept giving DLL errors. :(

Thanks for showing interest! I was busy all weekend, which is a shame. I would like to take time and patch things up so that the mod is shareable. March break is coming up...

Offline hszp

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • szabopeter@github
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 03:19:32 pm »
Awesome!

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 01:45:37 am »
I've been waiting about 19.5 years for this mod.  Literally.  Must you let your education and future get in the way???  :)   This helps bring out to the RPG flavor to XCOM that was always there right under the surface.

Quick questiono:   If you could also show the date the Soldier joined XCOM?  Or Base transfer dates?  My lord...with all the info there, I could -literally- autoscript the framework of a short story using the material your log/diary could produce alone. 
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:29:57 am by BlackLibrary »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2014, 05:06:03 pm »
Quick questiono:   If you could also show the date the Soldier joined XCOM?  Or Base transfer dates?  My lord...with all the info there, I could -literally- autoscript the framework of a short story using the material your log/diary could produce alone.

At the moment, I track how many months a soldier as been on the team so that I can award a service medal. Getting a date out of that should be easy.

Tracking transfer dates and stuff I could do too, but I am not sure how important that is ;p Next time I dive into my code, I might look at tracking it; in a related note, I've been meaning to track award dates too, so it's all related I guess.

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2014, 06:35:56 am »
Is this finished, and/or released to the public yet? (I'm only asking this because I've searched for some time and haven't found a download link)

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 08:28:28 am »
There are links above the pictures in the first post.

But I'm also curious, do I need github for this to work, I never got this to work >_<

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2014, 12:42:46 am »
To be honest, I don't know how to distribute this ;p I've made source code changes, so it is more than just a ruleset mod. As such, you need to download the executable. But maybe you also need to download the new art assets I made? Now that people are showing interest, maybe I should renew my efforts :3