Author Topic: Openxcom: How to install?  (Read 2348 times)

Offline MelindaBrock

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Openxcom: How to install?
« on: June 05, 2021, 07:26:01 am »
Hi everybody,
Openxcom is a pretty good entertainment software. I found out about it through a friend's recommendation. But when I install the application, it says file not found error? So what is the file here? How do I install that app? Hope anyone can let me know.
Thank you very much.

Offline Skullar

• Sergeant
  • Deranged Angry Mexican Nugget
    • View Profile
Re: Openxcom: How to install?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 03:34:53 am »
Hello, first off you need to have UFO EU or TFTD original game files, they are needed for the game to run, copy/paste them on the folders "UFO"/"TFTD" (UFO for UFO EU and TFTD for terror from the deep) that are located inside the "openxcom" folder, after that just run the openxcom exe file and there you go  🍺

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Re: Openxcom: How to install?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 11:10:30 pm »
The last thing i want to do is give advice that is wrong advice. So please take this at face value. But i ran into a similar issue as the OP did. OpenXcom didnt work for me but I read another thread that said i didnt need to install both openXcom and OXCE. So I only installed OXCE and then copied my OG files to that.

It worked.

FYI- I also put that folder on my desktop. I dont know if that helped or not but it worked.

I'm pretty savy when it comes to folders and files. But I simply couldnt really grasp how this worked (my own fault). I had to realize that this isnt really a patch for the OG (original game) but it is its own Application using files from the OG.

I just had to read this forum and some of the admins posts. they were super helpful and i feel gifted to have this working now.