aliens

Author Topic: Is there anyway to turn off the sanity mechanic?  (Read 2072 times)

Offline SirNotlag

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Is there anyway to turn off the sanity mechanic?
« on: May 01, 2021, 06:37:35 pm »
I get why its there it stops you from just sitting back and reaction firing the mellee monsters to death and makes sense when they are told to go somewhere weird or just plain spooky like the claustrophobic caves, but unfortunatly Ive had multiple missions where one of them spawns in a closet and i cant find it before all my people go insane at the suspense!!
Not to mention i feel its over used as there have been missions featuring only Exalt or the Syndicate which are humans that have drained my characters sanity and i find that to be abit bonkers and annoying as it forces me to put my men in unsafe conditions to beat the levels on a time limit.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Is there anyway to turn off the sanity mechanic?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2021, 08:12:03 pm »
Smokes and nobelon! 8)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 08:35:19 pm »
I get why its there it stops you from just sitting back and reaction firing the mellee monsters to death and makes sense when they are told to go somewhere weird or just plain spooky like the claustrophobic caves, but unfortunatly Ive had multiple missions where one of them spawns in a closet and i cant find it before all my people go insane at the suspense!!
Not to mention i feel its over used as there have been missions featuring only Exalt or the Syndicate which are humans that have drained my characters sanity and i find that to be abit bonkers and annoying as it forces me to put my men in unsafe conditions to beat the levels on a time limit.
If you feel that the mechanic is truly detrimental to your gameplay experience you can turn the effects down or off, for example by editing the insanity aura effects in the items.rul or by deleting the respective entries in the enviroeffects.rul.

Offline SirNotlag

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 08:39:08 pm »
Thank you. :D