aliens

Author Topic: Some Basic Questions?  (Read 3025 times)

Offline firat28

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Some Basic Questions?
« on: April 24, 2021, 10:00:37 pm »
1 - What is the meaning of Concussive Damage? is it Area Damage?
2 - is Choke Damage works the same as Stun damage?
3 - Is there a Search button for Ufopedia. I am having difficulties finding the weapons in Ufopedia?
4 - For Auto Cannon there are 4 ammo options:
         I    : For fire weakneses
         AP : Kinetic and 52 dmg x 5 times with %75 armor effectiveness
         HE : Concussive (I wonder what is concussive) and 55 x 5 Times with no Armor Effectiveness
         BS : Kinetic and 28 dmg x 5 times x 5 Times with no Armor Effectiveness (it seems tremendous damage. is it?)
         Please Tell me Which ammo type to use for what conditions?
5 - What is the things that increases STR and TU of the agents except the commendations?

Offline MemoryTAS

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Some Basic Questions?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 01:21:06 am »
1. "A violent jarring; a shock", basically includes things like high explosive grenades etc, but also includes sonic weaponry and also things that if you were hit by irl you would have a really bad concussion like wrenches and crowbars.
2. Not quite, has different resistances but it tends to cause stun.
3. Default hotkey for search is Q.
4. Really depends on what you're up against, I recommend looking at enemy armor values and such and making informed judgments from that. HE = explosion and BS = buckshot meaning like a shotgun spread.
5. Mainly just experience in combat, basically anything will improve strength and time units, but there are also special transformations that can increase them as well.

EDIT: Note that BS ammo is basically multiple smaller pellets being fired at once as opposed to a large shell, so if you're dealing with something more heavily armored, typically BS ammo is not the way to go.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 01:23:55 am by MemoryTAS »

Offline firat28

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2021, 05:37:57 pm »
Thank you for informative reply but i am still confused what the concussion dmg is?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2021, 06:22:13 pm »
Thank you for informative reply but i am still confused what the concussion dmg is?
I am not sure I understand that question, could you please clarify?

Concussion damage is a type of damage. Armors/unit overviews list the various types of damage immunity/resistances to different types of damage, so you should pick your weapons accordingly. "Area of effect" is not a damage type - but damage types can (or can not) have an area of effect, depending on the weapon/ammunition.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 06:24:54 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2021, 07:05:48 pm »
In Vanilla, all axplosives are concussive damage. For example HE ammo and blaster bombs.
There is also incendiary ammo, which is area of effect but not concussive.

Modding has allowed to give any weapon any damage type, so there are no general rules anymore for a modded game.
Explosions are still mostly concussive. Concussive is also used for blunt melee weapons. The iron pipe for example deals concussive damage.
A knive does different injuries than an iron pipe. So these items have different damage types to show that difference.

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 09:19:27 pm »
Cannons in general are shorter ranged rifles against larger oponents or enemies with large HP pools.

Incendiary rounds are also a way to destroy enemies you cannot penetrate since fire ignores armour (universal rule, but cannons have better range than flamethrowers). This is how you can take down armoured cars or even tanks, even if it will take alot of hits.

AP round is self explanatory, against armoured targets

Buckshot are perfect against low armour enemies like zombies or really big animals, or for spraying alot of targets in one blast.

HE is splash damage, but compared to incendiary it will blow up cover and it wont leave fire behind so you can quickly march towards the objective without dancing around fires.

Offline Balbinator

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 09:41:25 am »
1) Is it possible to finish this mod on easiest difficulty? There`s no Ethereal leader to find.
2) MiB HWP aren`t a salvage (no item after mission).

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 04:35:00 pm »
1) Is it possible to finish this mod on easiest difficulty? There`s no Ethereal leader to find.
2) MiB HWP aren`t a salvage (no item after mission).

Difficulty level doesn't affect missions or races, so it's the same for all difficulties when it comes to capturing this enemy. (It's a placeholder, I'll make it better soonish.)

I don't know what the MiB tank issue is. Can you elaborate? From the looks of it, it should recover fine:

Code: [Select]
armors:
  - type: STR_MIBTANK_ARMOR
    corpseGeo: STR_TANK_LASER_CANNON_RECOVER

Offline Balbinator

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2021, 12:11:47 am »
I`ve destroyed two MiB Bases/camps with several HWPs destroyed/stuuned (power mace). And no item after done mission. First time I wasn`t sure, but second time i`ve double checked spoil list and nothing about HWP. I`m sure.

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2021, 11:18:58 am »
I`ve destroyed two MiB Bases/camps with several HWPs destroyed/stuuned (power mace). And no item after done mission. First time I wasn`t sure, but second time i`ve double checked spoil list and nothing about HWP. I`m sure.

One thing, well power mace should leave a wreck behind, energy weapons dont have to. Laser and plasma weapons can burn bodies to ash, leaving NO corpse/wreck behind that can be picked up.