aliens

Author Topic: Things a little bit easier for beginner  (Read 1976 times)

Offline Thyros

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Things a little bit easier for beginner
« on: January 12, 2021, 03:32:10 pm »
Hi. Just a little suggestion to do things a little bit easier for someone who just started playing x-piratez

When selling stuff I think it would be great to make a little shortcut to bootypedia for example with right mouse click. Basically a beginner doesnt know if a dagger is better than pipe or other stuff and what does it do. Without the shortcut I have to go all out to hideout than geoscape than bootypedia find item and remember stats and than back to selling screen. Its a looong way. A shortcut would make things easier specially that the right click in selling screen doesnt do anything.
Cheers

Offline Apocca

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Things a little bit easier for beginner
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 04:11:01 pm »
It's middle mouse button, but I think you have to have researched it. Although I don't remember if it was on the selling screen or the transfer screen after you did a tactical mission.
If you mean the selling screen inside the base, I usually have a tab open with http://xpiratez.wtf/ and search it there.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 09:28:40 pm »
MMB on selling screen item will pull up tech tree sadly. For items not in tech tree (purchasable ones) bootypedia will show up. To force bootypedia every time you gotta do CTRL+MMB.

Funnily enough I was instantly annoyed by the same thing 3 months ago when I started playing (currently at 71% progress, geez christ). Here you can learn why tech-tree got priority over bootypedia when MMB is used (which will become a lasting minor annoyance).

Offline JamTheDane

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 09:31:56 pm »
LOL, I have been playing for years, started over 3 times, but never got further than mid game...and i did not know you could press CTRL MMB to get bootypedia up, i usually kept cliking on something till i got one that opens Bootypedia, and then navigated to the right item from there :) So thanks for the tip.