Author Topic: X-com Apocalypse  (Read 96393 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: X-com Apocalypse
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 09:45:04 pm »
Yup, I'm using Roadwar and some bunch of other mods. Having 20 heavy tanks roaming the streets makes the game much more fun.

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 09:52:24 pm »
and here are the patch...sorry the double post...but i forguet about the limit of the maximun individual size :c
so i basically explain you how use "my patch" all the mods have a txt explaining how to install so is not so hard to know how :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 09:56:29 pm by blackwolf »

Offline Sharp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 10:40:07 pm »
Yeah J'ordos's Road War is amazing, he did another mod I think which I think bundled with roadwar later where you could modify item stats and stuff.

Laser sniper rifle needs a big buff on projectile speed as otherwise it's really hard to hit anything in Real-Time mode as there is no target leading, actually increasing projectile speed for everything balances the game because I would just get my agents to go prone whenever a spitter would attack to dodge it all the time, increased projectile speed means it's much harder to dodge and basically means if you would get hit in turn-based then you would most likely get hit in real-time.

And I think I buffed up lawpistol damage and price because I always thought it looked cool getting an agent to dual wield law pistols then jump from above John Woo style (if only could fire while moving :( )

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 11:10:53 pm »
yup...roadwar is really cool...and there are a couple of patch that do that...especially karadoc mod...but it does enhance the game for the turn based mode...i played in RT and  is also usefull...but i still preffer TB,and yes the sniper rifle neeed a uber buff because  it is disappointingly weak and slow fire rate  :-\

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2014, 11:32:21 pm »
Yeah J'ordos's Road War is amazing, he did another mod I think which I think bundled with roadwar later where you could modify item stats and stuff.

Yep! I have it, although I only modified some starting weapons (I think I buffed up the laser sniper rifle).

Laser sniper rifle needs a big buff on projectile speed as otherwise it's really hard to hit anything in Real-Time mode as there is no target leading, actually increasing projectile speed for everything balances the game because I would just get my agents to go prone whenever a spitter would attack to dodge it all the time, increased projectile speed means it's much harder to dodge and basically means if you would get hit in turn-based then you would most likely get hit in real-time.

Forcing your soldiers to prone is still meaningful, as you lose mobility. Spitters were never meant to be threatening, they're mostly to slow you down and distract you, so they retain their function. I think there's no harm.
On the other hand, lasers could use some speed alteration...

And I think I buffed up lawpistol damage and price because I always thought it looked cool getting an agent to dual wield law pistols then jump from above John Woo style (if only could fire while moving :( )

You can fire on the move, just not while running.

Offline Sharp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 04:19:57 am »
Sorry, meant firing while jumping :P I loved that you could vault over those ledges and drop down a level instead of having to take the grav-lift or stairs, bonus points for jumping on enemy and knocking them unconcious goomba style. It would be John Woo style to be able to fire while jumping down into a pit of cultists blasting away with akimbo law pistols. Haven't played Apoc in a while but if I recall you can't even fire when changing height level on grav-lift or jetpack.

By increasing projectile speed for everything I mean for alien weapons/attacks as well, it's silly that so many attacks can be dodged and weapons at range are useless. Real-time mode is so easy to abuse so increasing projectile speed makes tactics a lot more interesting instead of just getting one guy to dodge all weapons fire while everyone else unloads on the aliens.

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2014, 01:42:46 pm »
I loved that you could vault over those ledges and drop down a level instead of having to take the grav-lift or stairs,

wait...wat ?????...how you do that xD?,all this time if a click a under level to "drop" the soldier, he just turn arround and move to the "closer" (like 5 mapblocks away) gravlift or stair to get down   :'(.....oh men my life is a complete lie :C!..and yes real time are such more easy,the brainsuckers and the poppers arent even a threat  :-\ (except for the most inept soldier you can have)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 01:47:08 pm by blackwolf »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2014, 01:53:54 pm »
and yes real time are such more easy,the brainsuckers and the poppers arent even a threat  :-\ (except for the most inept soldier you can have)

True. However, conventional weapons are deadly in real time; when playing turn-based, disruptors and devastator cannons seemed to be there only to be seized and researched by X-Com. :)

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2014, 01:58:18 pm »
X-Com Apocalypse itself is not, but he can upload the launcher he made with his friend freely, same goes for the mods.
True, I was under the impression blackwolf was talking about uploading the game (because he mentioned the game was made freeware, which hasn't happened).

wait...wat ?????...how you do that xD?,all this time if a click a under level to "drop" the soldier, he just turn arround and move to the "closer" (like 5 mapblocks away) gravlift or stair to get down   :'(.....
Press 'J' to get your unit to jump

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2014, 02:07:50 pm »
True, I was under the impression blackwolf was talking about uploading the game (because he mentioned the game was made freeware, which hasn't happened).
yeah,sorry about that, i searched again and i was wrong  ::),but i posted that launcher because i was sick of using dosbox(it use a "PORTABLE" version of it...but i mean...you dont need to propmt anything >_>)

Press 'J' to get your unit to jump

i feel like a moron....oh dear all this time...all those brave soldiers...please give me a second :'(

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2014, 04:55:36 pm »
i feel like a moron....oh dear all this time...all those brave soldiers...please give me a second :'(
To be fair, I didn't know this for a long time, and in a way, I feel like OXC has kind of got this too, what with straifing and forced shots with no UI to easily indicate it's an option. Obviously there's no standard UI for this, because it wasn't in the original game, but it is easy to forget it's there

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2014, 05:22:45 pm »
I never knew about the jump command either...
To get down, I just destroy the entire catwalk. :D

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2014, 05:44:19 pm »
yeah there is a lot of features that arent show in the ui,that its like the manual driving for the vehicles....do you have tried it? its cool,and usefull sometimes, but the isometric view make the task a little hard...especially when you click to move :T

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2014, 06:15:06 pm »
yeah there is a lot of features that arent show in the ui,that its like the manual driving for the vehicles....do you have tried it? its cool,and usefull sometimes, but the isometric view make the task a little hard...especially when you click to move :T

Nope, I had no idea. Frankly, I can't see any use for this right now, but possibly I would if I was playing...

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2014, 07:55:55 pm »
press M when you select a vehicle and you have total control of it...you can increase or decrease the speed... adjust the altitude...yaw ...and "fire on point"...you shoot in the point you click...is really usefull to destroy buildings aiming in their weak points (pillars on slum buildings for example) or shoot foward the movement of ufos (very usefull in the alien dimension where the danger of stray shoots damaging property doenst afect your relationships with the city organizations)