aliens

Author Topic: XCOM Automation  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Bluedrake42

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
XCOM Automation
« on: December 28, 2020, 04:37:56 am »
I know this might seem somewhat random, but it is something I've been thinking about a lot for my 100th playthrough of OpenXcom.

Are there any mods, or features, that can eventually turn XCOM into a fully automated experience. I know this might seem goofy or even sacrilegious to some, but after playing other games (like Factorio) I've always wondered what it would be like to play XCOM with more automation.

For instance, being able to setup automatic UFO intercepts, automatic battlescape combat, automatic research, maybe even automatic manufacturing.

Would anyone know if mods for any of these things are actually available? I know that automatic battlescape combat was an option for an old version of XCOMUtil, but I haven't seen it reintroduced. I've also never seen anything regarding automatic intercepts. Especially being able to automate fighter patrols would be very interesting.

Just a topic I was hoping to discuss here!

Offline WaldoTheRanger

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM Automation
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 07:02:54 am »
hmm. automated fighter patrols is the most interesting idea in there to me.

if someone could do that it would be awesome and totally not sac-religious. it would actually add quite a bit to the geoscape.

auto-resolve combat is the second most interesting, but yeah that goes into weird territory.

fighter battles are already so dumbed down I don't think an auto-resolve is that useful.