Author Topic: Resolve walk/run animation button; configurable buy/sell/assign multipliers  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
So I got these QoL ideas while playing X-Piratez but they may fit into vanilla so here goes.

Soldier's walking/running speed is adjustable in vanilla options. Thought it would be cool to be able to use slower speed but skip to destination with a press of a button, or to an event (reaction fire or enemy spotted or whatever), whichever comes first. It leaves us with pretty looking walking but with ability to skip. Feature would function similarly to shooting: have it set slow but resolve with RMB. With better overview on how the projectile behaves and path it takes by using slower speed. TU usage nuances are easier to stretch to our liking with slower speed but sometimes not required so we'd have the mighty skip.
Fastest setting on the other hand has unacceptable drawback of high difficulty to react to unwanted action (or change of mind), inability to fine tune destination orientation without using turning (saves TU), and just worse overview of pathing and enemy reactions to it.

The other one concerns those up/down arrows all over the place (buying/selling/manufacture/transfer). The one QoL we have is RMB for MAX but nothing in between. How about adding user-configurable key binds: 10/50/100/custom? Especially useful in frequent but temporary interrogations that occur in XPz, always resulting in click-fests.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
The other one concerns those up/down arrows all over the place (buying/selling/manufacture/transfer). The one QoL we have is RMB for MAX but nothing in between. How about adding user-configurable key binds: 10/50/100/custom? Especially useful in frequent but temporary interrogations that occur in XPz, always resulting in click-fests.
Check the "Change values with mousewheel" option.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Thanks but I purposely avoided that because it's already causing mayhem in research screen (dunno if it can be turned off there). Don't even want to imagine what would happen in buy/sell/transfer. Bets deal are configurable arrow multipliers (shift-10/ctrl-50/alt-100), no inadvertent harm can be done but it requires a second hand. Is also 1-size-fits-all which may lighten the burden in one situation but create problems in every other one. Not useful in current state.

It's funny but again, soon after OP, I discovered mouse wheel works in manufacture (slave spam produced me a scrollable list for the first time). Not only that but I tried with CRTL and saw it does 5 increments. Why hide stuff like that lol? Someone please drop a list of hidden features. Far from ideal but it helps with minor adjustments although is often just better to keep using the other hand as head support.