Author Topic: OpenXcom for OpenDingux (with joystick controls!)  (Read 4517 times)

Offline uncletrunks

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
OpenXcom for OpenDingux (with joystick controls!)
« on: November 18, 2020, 10:08:57 am »
I've recently put some work into a port of OpenXcom for the RG350m, an inexpensive handheld console that runs linux. It's got a nice little milled aluminum case, a 480p screen, and really nice buttons. Most of the work that I've done on the port has boiled down to tweaking some stuff around the idiosyncrasies of the OS & hardware and then implementing some support for the analog sticks for controlling the cursor and battlescape camera. Performance is pretty good and the controls are at a point where I'm comfortably playing through a campaign right now with few complaints.

You can download a release and judge my code quality over on my github repo (uncletrunks/OpenXcom-od). I've got a work in progress port of OXCE coming along as well and I'm anticipating having that up to par with the mainline port relatively soon.

Offline Xcomfanatic

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom for OpenDingux (with joystick controls!)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023, 08:25:21 am »
Hi. I find this interesting. I play the PS1 version of xcom ufo defense alone for the reason of the comfort of using a gamepad instead of a mouse. I was wondering if you made a oxce version of your work yet, using a gamepad or analog sticks?