Author Topic: Manufacture queueing  (Read 1987 times)

Offline TrickyTriscene

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Manufacture queueing
« on: November 02, 2020, 02:27:39 pm »
If you queue in manufacture now, workspace is claimed for those projects. So you end up queueing in your head. Also you have to set the number of techs, but why not always max.
In the list of items you can make, you should be able to multliselect, then like in the sell screen you select numbers to produce. Number of techs always max.
Each item has a priority number, and things of equal prio start simult, and things of lower don't claim space yet.
Either the simult projs get equal numbers of techs, or heavier projects get prop more. I'd say the second.
And there could be a quickprofit key, it starts the most lucrative item and makes unlim and puts it on autosell.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Manufacture queueing
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 04:04:27 pm »
Just FYI: suggestions, which are not optional or backwards-compatible with vanilla gameplay/mechanics have 0% chance of being implemented.

Offline TrickyTriscene

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2020, 06:20:43 pm »
Then make it optional.
It's an interesting discussion: how close to vanilla should it stay.
I'd say you can change all kind of things in the controls, esp in OXCE.
Just don't add new monsters, leave the sounds the same and the tech report screens (the picture).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2020, 06:41:21 pm »
Then make it optional.

To say it bluntly, it's not my work to solve your issues.
If you want a feature be implemented, you need to make a proposal that is backwards-compatible.
Otherwise I'm not even going to look at it.
No offense intended.

It's an interesting discussion: how close to vanilla should it stay.

OXCE has an ambition to stay as true to vanilla as possible, in default configuration.
Only if a vast majority of users (or an OXCE dev) agree something should be activated by default, then we may deviate from vanilla (usually with an option to turn it back off).

More info: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5251.0.html