aliens

Author Topic: Battlescape development  (Read 248770 times)

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
Re: Battlescape development
« Reply #210 on: February 03, 2012, 09:50:31 am »
Yeah, but we should at least try to :D

On-topic:

Go! Go! Daiky!

8)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2012, 02:00:01 pm »
Any news on when Terror Sites will become active?

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2012, 06:16:10 pm »
Any news on when Terror Sites will become active?
I still need to add civilians. Terror Sites are your favorite part of the game isn't it? :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2012, 10:29:52 pm »
What makes you say that ::)

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2012, 01:11:17 pm »
This one is for you luke83 :-)
Skyrangers can now land on rooftops of buildings (it will look for the highest floor tile on 0,0 of the mapblock defined as landingzone, this floortile defines at what level the skyranger should be placed) .
This means for your cities where you have the first 2 levels under ground, the skyranger will properly land on the ground level.
(as you can see, to test here, I defined the tank-station mapblock as a possible landing zone - instead of the skyranger crashing into it, it nicely landed on the rooftop)
(also note: I can't get off the roof with a HWP without a proper ramp  ;D)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 01:37:32 pm by Daiky »

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2012, 01:19:28 pm »
nice, really - but how do you get back up in case you try to flee the battle?  :-\

most buildings do have roof access, but the gas station doesn't. :(

I like it anyway. thumbs up!

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2012, 01:35:01 pm »
Well, it only has a purpose for mods I guess. Standard mapblocks can not really work with this "feature" :)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2012, 01:54:21 pm »
great idea :) only problem would be tanks because you can always limited to roofs with access that you can always get yours solders back.
you can treat this as `hard` mode :) because you cant use tanks without sacrificing them.

Offline Conti-k

• pixelpolice
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2012, 10:53:34 am »
I have a small-ish request/petition...

I've made a house for Farm, but seeing it three time used (often close to each other) is looking kinda ugly (and weird), so I've been thinking about such feature (maybe its already planned?): additional value for each map block in rulesets, for example:

0 = standard map block
1 = unique map block

what this would do...

During terrain generation, if map block with value 1 is used this means that any other map block with the same value can't be picked (including the one that was already used). You could make, for example, 4 unique map blocks, that if appear engine will use only one map block from this "group". This way you can add houses to other maps than Terror missions without turning it into high density urban areas. Expanding further this feature would allow to create all kind of "groups" with defined values: 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. that if will appear, only one map block per group will be used.

--------------------EDIT

I've attached a screenshots composition to illustrate the problem (640x400 in higher res is looking great, isn't?).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:47:31 am by Conti-k »

Volutar

« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2012, 01:27:42 pm »
It's just a matter of map composition rules. For the moment they are taken from original ufo1. I hope eventually they become a list of scripts, for any number of additional map types or sub-types.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #220 on: February 28, 2012, 10:47:45 am »
Thanks Daiky for the update , i couldn't use my new maps without it. Now i just need battlescape finished , a way to add all my buildings into the terror site list and a Shortcut key to start a terror mission instantly , I really don't want much do i  ;)

Seriously take your time mate , There is no rush , i would rather terror sites be DONE WELL , not just DONE :P   Maybe with a option to arm civilians ( HINT, HINT ::)

AS for the issue with the Tanks on a roof , Would 2 sets of stair side by side allow a tank Ramp access?

You, Supsuper and all the other people contributing to OpenX are doing a fantastic job so PLEASE keep up the good work! ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:54:41 am by luke83 »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 28, 2012, 02:29:35 pm »
Technically there is a hidden shortcut battlescape debug key, but I might have to make it a full feature given how common debugging/testing the Battlescape standalone is (and so Daiky doesn't have to wait for my sluggish Geoscape support :P).

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 29, 2012, 01:25:42 pm »
There is not much fun of having a terrorsite without civilians, I will see if I can add them this weekend.

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 04, 2012, 08:05:26 pm »
Farmer looking out of window : "Wife ! Come look at this! There's a big metal ship in our potatofield !"
(had some fun spawning civilians on crash sites) (will not be standard in the original openxcom :p)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 08:08:56 pm by Daiky »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #224 on: March 05, 2012, 09:10:42 am »
Awesome , i was thinking about some farmer sprites. It would be cool later if we could add civilians to any map we want in the future ,define what sprites they are to use and IF they have any weapons or not.