Author Topic: TFTD zombies can take stun damage, UFO zombies can't.  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
TFTD zombies can take stun damage, UFO zombies can't.
« on: October 16, 2020, 03:50:01 pm »
Today I learned that TFTD zombies take stun damage, but UFO zombies don't. It's right there in the armor rulesets, a UFO zombie takes 0.0 stun damage and in TFTD it's 0.9. (If you stun a TFTD zombie, it still dies and turns into a Tetnaculat.)

They are different games and each zombie is created from a different terror unit (Chryssalid vs Tentaculat) so I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised by the difference. But was just curious if anyone knows why this is? I mean, I assume the reason is, "That's how it was in the original games," but wondering if anyone has any insight on this change from either a lore or gameplay perspective. I wonder if that was a conscious decision or oversight by the original MicroProse developers (I know TFTD was kind of rushed out).

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: TFTD zombies can take stun damage, UFO zombies can't.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 04:38:10 pm »
Hm interesting. Judging by sheer number of bugs in both games, even after official patches, I'd wager both dev teams knew little of what they were doing. I guess that's one example of TFTD team improving on UFO team. Not many of those :o