aliens

Author Topic: [CRAFT] [Parody] Ghost car  (Read 4626 times)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[CRAFT] [Parody] Ghost car
« on: October 15, 2020, 05:12:22 am »
Who are you going to call?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Research portion may need tweaking.

xcomfan

Re: [CRAFT] [Parody] Ghost car
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 12:16:51 pm »
 ;D

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 12:59:28 pm »
Awesome.

I think it should be 4 space though, they were 4.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 02:03:03 pm »
Awesome.

I think it should be 4 space though, they were 4.

Agree on the movie part. Before releasing I changed it to 6 from 4 as the car itself has room for that many, plus the cargo in the rear. This is to give it an advantage versus other concealed craft in the game.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 02:46:08 pm »
Priceless.

This reminds me: there was a C-64 game, "Ghostbusters" - it was actually fairly similar in general concept to X-Com, as you had a base, a bank account, and a duty to drive around the city to respond to calls. I wouldn't mind seeing this idea implemented as an OXC mod.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 06:43:23 pm »
Clearly this should be integrated within XCF as a secret vehicle, just like the one you can get before the MiG.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2020, 07:24:05 pm »
Clearly this should be integrated within XCF as a secret vehicle, just like the one you can get before the MiG.

Well, but how? I have no idea how to integrate this concept, at least before actually making the (potential) Ghostbusters arc.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 07:55:27 pm »
Perhaps something like this: A rumor unlocked by interrogating specific cultists, very hard to get and harder to research, which is about a vehicle supposedly made by alien technologies. It turns out to be this car, which your XCOM personnel take in anyway since the car is curiously very spacious, and they'll use whatever they can get. It would work better if it can be unlocked before getting Promotion 3.

In concept it would work similar to the unique plane you can unlock if you're lucky interrogating EXALT Masters and the like.
Alternatively, it could be unlocked as a random event of some sort, using a similar premise (a reported strange and possibly alien vehicle turns out to be an odd car).

xcomfan

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2020, 09:36:11 pm »
Priceless.

This reminds me: there was a C-64 game, "Ghostbusters" - it was actually fairly similar in general concept to X-Com, as you had a base, a bank account, and a duty to drive around the city to respond to calls. I wouldn't mind seeing this idea implemented as an OXC mod.

Yes, i owned and played it8)

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 10:45:23 pm »
Perhaps something like this: A rumor unlocked by interrogating specific cultists, very hard to get and harder to research, which is about a vehicle supposedly made by alien technologies. It turns out to be this car, which your XCOM personnel take in anyway since the car is curiously very spacious, and they'll use whatever they can get. It would work better if it can be unlocked before getting Promotion 3.

In concept it would work similar to the unique plane you can unlock if you're lucky interrogating EXALT Masters and the like.
Alternatively, it could be unlocked as a random event of some sort, using a similar premise (a reported strange and possibly alien vehicle turns out to be an odd car).

Or,
You research a dossier of this Ghostbusting group in New York (or wherever the movie was) get a mission to help them (a la David Vincent mission) or something, and end up with the car and ghostbusting researches. It can even be the starting point of the arc.

May be it could be like the submarine and only show up instead of the Van on ghostbusting missions.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 10:47:48 pm by tarkalak »

xcomfan

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2020, 11:04:51 pm »
or even unlocked before reaching "Promotion I" as transport alternative sinve it's ancient and out of market...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2020, 01:36:34 am »
Thanks! I don't want to get too far into this crossover thing, as it would be harsh to the ambience, but cool things are cool, so we'll see.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2020, 01:57:34 am »
Well, but how? I have no idea how to integrate this concept, at least before actually making the (potential) Ghostbusters arc.

Well that was the reason why I didn't include any research stuff or more pedia text.

I don't do much of building maps (yet), but if you need some extra resources, please let me know.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2020, 12:12:44 pm »
Well that was the reason why I didn't include any research stuff or more pedia text.

I don't do much of building maps (yet), but if you need some extra resources, please let me know.

It's true that I have been considering a whole Ghostbusters arc to be added to XCF, but if ever done, it would entail making a whole range of enemies, equipment, maps and, of course, writing.

If there is interest in cooperation on that, then I'd certainly be interested too. But it goes beyond the scope of a single post. :) But just to summarize of what would probably need to happen:
- A set of special ghostbusting weapons, based on Psi damage type. Good enough against ghosts to use it over other stuff, but inefficient or impractical enough against other enemies to not encroach on other arcs. (This is X-Com, not a full Ghostbusters conversion.)
- A set of missions involving the ghosts, their cultists (the guys you can meet in Dr. Hadriex' company), and some overarching story. Probably a top villain of some sorts?

As you can see, it's something way beyond this cool car... :)

Offline Thoughtful Jester

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2020, 09:19:11 am »
Spoiler.  The only way we are going to end this year, and win that part of the game, on a high note is to sing "Your love keeps lifting me higher".