aliens

Author Topic: Help for the new guy?  (Read 6449 times)

Offline Leprechaun

• Sergeant
  • Linux Mint Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: Help for the new guy?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 02:02:38 am »

So the screenshots say something different than you (see above).

On the screenshot the Aimed Rifle is 30 TU and your soldier has 55 TU... so it does not exceed maximum TU of the soldier.
Apparently the stats did change from original UFO. Used to be: Aimed Rifle 80 TU. Aimed Heavy Cannon 80 TU. Aimed Auto Cannon 80 TU. Check Xcom1Ruleset.rul

Besides, as I said in the post, I used Vim to send my soldiers to basic training. (I buffed them up, but not so much to make them invincible.)

Anyway, the point I was making is that TU is not a percentage. It's a flat deduction from your character's TU.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 04:10:42 am by Leprechaun »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 11:19:12 am »
First of all, you are correct: the aiming times in FMP are indeed different from the vanilla (Rifle: vanilla 80%, FMP 70%). After like 5 years I can't remember the change, but I probably wanted to make more room for sniper rifles.
Still, I don't think we're speaking the same language... Of course the actual action costs a certain number of TUs. What else would it be? And that number of TUs is a set percentage of your soldier's total TU. In case of the Rifle (in FMP), it's 70% of your soldier's total TUs.

Offline Leprechaun

• Sergeant
  • Linux Mint Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2020, 04:00:54 pm »
First of all, you are correct: the aiming times in FMP are indeed different from the vanilla (Rifle: vanilla 80%, FMP 70%). After like 5 years I can't remember the change, but I probably wanted to make more room for sniper rifles.
Still, I don't think we're speaking the same language... Of course the actual action costs a certain number of TUs. What else would it be? And that number of TUs is a set percentage of your soldier's total TU. In case of the Rifle (in FMP), it's 70% of your soldier's total TUs.

Ah ha! After all this time playing, I didn't realize that the TU was calculated based on the percentage, which explains why everyone's is different, but not much different.

I certainly approve of the Aimed TU reductions as well as making the Heavy Laser useful.