Author Topic: copy-pasting missions between saves?  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
copy-pasting missions between saves?
« on: August 11, 2020, 02:39:14 am »
Hey,

I've just received the Dr. Hadriex Hell Cruise Mission. I think I'm pretty well prepared for it. Unfortunately, I haven't finished researching and building a ghost tank, yet. Too bad, because it's a one-off mission.
So I'm thinking it shouldn't be too cheaty to simply erase the mission from my save, wait until the building is done, and then re-insert the mission into my save.

I've just tested this and it seems to work. Transferred the entire entry from 'missionSites:' over to another save and it shows up on the geoscape and it is playable.

But could there be any unforeseen side-effects? There are other entries for 'DR_HADRIEX_CRUISE' in the save, that I have simply ignored for now, since I don't know what they do.

Can I go ahead with my plan?

Edit: Well, I came up with a different solution. Simply modifying the despawn timer also did the trick and I don't expect any side-effects from that.
Still, the root of my question remains interesting. Can active missions simply be transferred between saves, without weird things happening?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 09:58:44 pm by Bananas_Akimbo »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: copy-pasting missions between saves?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 10:49:43 pm »
I don't think you will get any issue. I had upgraded a Cult Outpost into a Base once and it did show up nice. I am not sure about Hadriex though. It is a one off mission.