Author Topic: X-Com Files Mod, Superman, Ironman-ish  (Read 211960 times)

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com Files Mod, Superman, Ironman-ish
« Reply #1230 on: June 27, 2022, 12:51:34 am »
Do you know that Hangars also have storage capacity? So, in theory, you don't need to build additional storage facility. But in practice, with your habit to bring ALL items in a craft, 1 hangar is definitely not enough...
Yes, this F10 trick is a game changer!

Hangars have 25 capacity. Armored vests are 1 each, so 25-16 = 9 size for arming 16 soldiers.
That is about 0.5 size per soldier and 1 extra. Rifles are 0.2. Pistols and most clips are 0.1. Medkits are between 0.1 and 0.5. Grenades are 0.1 as well. Desert Eagle ammo is 0.025, so it might be better to use it for the shield wall.

So 0.4 for a weapon and two clips and another 0.1 for a grenade or something. And another 1 size remaining to share between soldiers.

Night time is out of the question, since I will not have the space for flares. Going in without armor is also out of the question.

Huh, it is not as bad as I thought at first glance, thanks for reminding me.

This feels a bit underarmed, though. I don't use that many grenades, but I do use them. It seems barely doable, I may try it when I do end up with an Osprey.
Worst thing is, that size is only visible in the stats for nerds or storage, but not on the equipping screen. So it is a lot of hassle.

In any case, if I start the general stores immediately after the Living Quarters is finished in Bioko, it will finish a day after the Hangar. So not much of a difference.

Hah, tarkalak's stuff pile is amateur hour compared to this. ;D

What can I say, the cults love cleaning it up sometimes. :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 01:00:08 am by tarkalak »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: June 27, 2022, 01:25:49 am »
Armored vests are 1 each, so 25-16 = 9 size for arming 16 soldiers.
Armour put on an agent doesn't count. They're storing it under their bed, or something. :)

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 27, 2022, 10:56:30 am »
Armour put on an agent doesn't count. They're storing it under their bed, or something. :)

Hmm, that is true actually. I thought they were like weapons in OXCE, i.e. still taking space unlike the original game.
And Armored Vests are actually 0.8, not 1. I guess the page that opens after middle clicking the armor is not the same as the actual stored item.

Anyway, I need general stores in those bases for further development and it will be just a day after the hanger is up. It will just take me too many mouse clicks to lower down the pile. Or not. I will see.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: June 28, 2022, 05:55:37 pm »
And next mission is one of the Monster Hunts. Not much of interest happened in it, it was routine clean up.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 28, 2022, 07:19:59 pm »
I don't think Beatles give Chitin. They might be pretty good to ransom, though. :P

Has the UFO Catcher Fly actually caught any UFOs yet?

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 28, 2022, 10:10:27 pm »
I don't think Beatles give Chitin. They might be pretty good to ransom, though. :P

Has the UFO Catcher Fly actually caught any UFOs yet?

Yeah. The only one. I named it after the event. It is one page 76.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 10:17:23 pm by tarkalak »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 28, 2022, 11:14:42 pm »
More like page 75. Maybe you should make a note about that? It was kind of a milestone.

I accidentally saw a funny coincidence on page 76. You said you wrote Baba Donka (which is true) and right before that is the Alien Embryo, which I once stole from Xeno-Ops and wrote the blurb for. ;D

Edit: It's kind of a pity that the classic "The aliens are kidnapping and impregnating Earth women!" trope wasn't developed any further. Even the Hybrid Clinics got removed. :(
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 12:02:48 am by Juku121 »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 29, 2022, 09:56:12 am »
I did write that it is a battle against an ominous enemy. I should add it as a Chapter.

Baba Donka is a reference to Baba Vanga being pretty much the same person.

I also intended to write a few more, but never found time for it. Back in the early 90s there was a group of officers in the Bulgarian army who were convinced by mystics that, if they dig a weird hole near Tsarichina, they will find: Tsar Samuil's treasure, the first human, aliens and what not. In real life they wasted a lot of money, hit an aquifier and there was a public scandal. There are the usual myths about it too, with UFO sightings, disappearing people, force fields, ominous energies and whatever floats conspiracy theorist's minds.

It could make a cool underground mission, if I ever come down to writing it down and learn modding.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 29, 2022, 01:52:17 pm »
I did write that it is a battle against an ominous enemy. I should add it as a Chapter.
I meant the UFO Catcher Fly thing. I don't think it's mentioned anywhere outside the images?

Tsarichina
That's some pretty cool shit, corruption notwithstanding.

It could make a cool underground mission, if I ever come down to writing it down and learn modding.
It's going to be a cave mission, isn't it? :'(

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 01, 2022, 12:50:20 am »
I meant the UFO Catcher Fly thing. I don't think it's mentioned anywhere outside the images?
That's some pretty cool shit, corruption notwithstanding.
It's going to be a cave mission, isn't it? :'(

The team is ready to finally meat the main antagonists.

I don't say a lot of things outside of images. It will be completely incomprehensible without images, but such is life with this form of playthroughs. I added a line that it is the first UFO.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 01, 2022, 12:52:31 am »
And the third Strange Creatures isn't much of an issue. At least I got solid training for the, ahem, experience challenged members of the team.

EDIT: I forgot to add the Medals from this mission.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 09:21:14 am by tarkalak »

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 01, 2022, 05:49:48 pm »
An absolute training success.
Not absolute. Cutie Paw was not trained. Do you know, that dogs receive experience from barking? So it is possible to train for dogs without dealing any damage.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 02, 2022, 01:21:39 pm »
Not absolute. Cutie Paw was not trained. Do you know, that dogs receive experience from barking? So it is possible to train for dogs without dealing any damage.

Yeah, I know. But it is more dangerous for them, too.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 02, 2022, 01:27:21 pm »
BOOK IV: Adolescence

Chapter 19: The Epoch of the Osprey.

And finally I get to research and buy the Osprey. Sadly the good missions expire, so I will have to wait for more.

Also sadly I don't think I will have the range from Bioko to Ecuador and I will need to build another base in South America. At least they have good radar positions.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 01:30:40 pm by tarkalak »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 02, 2022, 01:42:01 pm »
And the first outing of the team with the new craft is to be with Peasants. A total overkill.