Author Topic: X-Com Files Mod, Superman, Ironman-ish  (Read 215510 times)

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com Files Mod, Superman, Ironman-ish
« Reply #1170 on: June 04, 2022, 12:30:11 pm »
Turn 7.

The cave girl wakes up again, so we tase her again. The rest is the usual bloodbath of Cultists.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 04, 2022, 01:19:23 pm »
Turn 8 - end

At this point I ran through about half the screenshots from this battle and patience. I will report the rest of the interesting things. Anyway, a lot shooting like the previous few posts also took place.
I eventually ran out of UAC Rifle clips and some of the soldiers also ran out of ammo, so I had to make some trips to the pile of guns.

I hope I get rid of the Dragonfly soon. Those lights are extremely annoying.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 04, 2022, 05:05:29 pm »
I sell stuff until I have space again. It will be low until the Large Stores are up and then I will have space for about a week or so.

No need for dynamite if these cultists bring the real stuff.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 04, 2022, 05:32:39 pm »
Next mission crops up, but I am low on vests and will need to wait for them.

Next week I am on a work trip, so likely no or few updates.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 05, 2022, 10:57:39 pm »
Turn 8 - end
You got 6 UAC Rocket Launchers with 12 rocket packs for them from than Communion... Cool stuff! What will you do with them, may I ask? The most powerful weapon of the current time in your game, I presume.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 06, 2022, 09:35:08 am »
I will use them and
Spoiler:
lose them too.

They are pretty useful and can also be used on the gun helicopter, but I didn't try that.

Next large battle, OK two, were attacks on an Exalt Manor and I used them there.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 11, 2022, 10:56:55 am »
Next mission is a short rumble in the Crop Circles. It is an overkill with the Dragonfly.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 11, 2022, 11:52:57 am »
Another Crop Circles and another Men in Black incursion into "our" crops.

We also get to learn about Purple Lilly, who, uhm, likes Purple and poisons people for fun. Sounds like our kind of girl.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 12:51:28 pm by tarkalak »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 11, 2022, 01:49:33 pm »
Here I do some comparison of the existing Shotguns. The Shotgun shotgun, that holiest of X-Com weapons for a while is missing, but it is slightly slower and more accurate than the Black Ops one.

Overall The CAWS is probably the best overall choice, but I lack the ability to buy it yet and it is kind of expensive too. The KS-23M is also a cool one, if somewhat heavy and low on ammo per clip. It has 4 shots per clip and they do weight 4.

The Double Barreled is still useable against some animals too.

UAC Shotgun seems pretty much useless right now. It has the strongest buckshot, but that is about it. It is slower, heavier and lacks other ammo.

In other news, I detect my first Manor. It is barely inside Dragonfly range at least.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 11, 2022, 04:20:33 pm »
90 TUs for a single autoshot? It is a bit way too inflexible for me.
:D Heavy machine gun can do miracles (and a lot of holes) with some luck and planning. Note that this bad boy does not have penalties for long range and have increased accuracy bonus from shooting while sitting.
UAC Shotgun seems pretty much useless right now. It has the strongest buckshot, but that is about it. It is slower, heavier and lacks other ammo.
The main problem with UAC weapons is that there is no early space missions where they would be useful. So they main advantage is irrelevant.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 11, 2022, 05:33:24 pm »
:D Heavy machine gun can do miracles (and a lot of holes) with some luck and planning. Note that this bad boy does not have penalties for long range and have increased accuracy bonus from shooting while sitting.The main problem with UAC weapons is that there is no early space missions where they would be useful. So they main advantage is irrelevant.

Yeah, I know I can do the "shoot between these two waypoints" thing, but I never hit much with that. I may try it later.

BlackOps weapons are a directly better variant of the usual guns, with some exceptions. UAC is more of a sideways thing. I really like the UAC Pistol from the bunch. The UAC Shotgun isn't better than the normal shotgun against unarmored enemies due to slower shooting speed. The UAC Rifle is really good, but has crappy snapshot accuracy.

UAC SMG is two handed and I can just use a rifle instead, so I don't like these. The Rocket Launcher is great for lack of bigger one.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 11, 2022, 05:37:44 pm »
Chapter 18: The Age of the UAC Pistol and UAC Rocket Launcher. Some UAC Rifles too.

A Westman talks. Something about some rural legend or so.

We arrive at the Manor, but one of the agent's decided to take a coffe break before the Dragonfly went off. Nobody noticed until we started shooting.
Agent "what was his name" will be on toilet cleaning duty for a week.

(Sigh, I forgot to assign an 8th agent.)

Mission goes great. We walk in, get wounded, shoot some and decide to go home.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2022, 01:27:00 pm by tarkalak »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 11, 2022, 06:44:11 pm »
Some more research is done and we are ready for the next mission.

After a long examination our scientists are positive that the Cave Girl's tits are not cursed. May be.
Half the team for the next mission is exposed to them for testing purposes, while the rest will be a control group.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 06:45:56 pm by tarkalak »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 12, 2022, 11:02:56 am »
I see you're also a convert of the DE. ;D

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 12, 2022, 11:19:06 am »
I see you're also a convert of the DE. ;D

I got the Desert Eagle a lot earlier than the Magnum, so I already had it in inventory. It also looks better to me.

The BlackOps Magnum is actually better at close range and the Rookie Shieldmaidens aren't accurate anyway. So I do use it sometimes. But the BlackOps Pistol is faster and usually the better choice for them. Anyway, the Desert Eagle has no Trinitium ammo and no BlackOps variant, so it will likely become obsolete somewhere in the next year or so.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 11:33:42 am by tarkalak »