Author Topic: X-Com Files Mod, Superman, Ironman-ish  (Read 216271 times)

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: X-Com Files Mod, Superman, Ironman-ish
« Reply #975 on: November 04, 2020, 12:19:42 am »
Yep, no surprises. Except the dog refused to snap bark again, and just rip and teared a Mongorn [not pictured].

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: November 04, 2020, 01:23:10 am »
Sadly, but suddenly, the "prtsc" button stopped working with the Linux Version of OpenXcomEx in full screen mode so a few turns got lost until I realized that something is amiss. Noting really fun was lost though. A Mongorn walked up to the crew, the dog somehow failed to bark it to motionlessness (huh, this is a real world that spellcheck recognizes) and instead bit it to death. Will try the Windows version with wine. It might even work.

I recently updated to Ubuntu 20.04 (why, just why) and, uhm, I updated something else since midday so some parts are misbehaving (working as the developers intended) as usual.

If the above makes no sense, I blame my English and love for long sentances.

EDIT: Problem resolved by using F12 for screenshots, but now GIMP refuses to draw red on the picture and defaults to some weird colors. So uhm, not really resolved. Ahhh, the majestic world of computer problems. See pic 1 below. I tried drawing the arrow red as usual.

EDIT2: The above problem is resolvable by going in the menu Image->Mode->RGB. It was set to Indexed so I presume the game saves screenshots in the format that it uses. But I am not sure I want to make that many more clicks for every picture.

EDIT3: Nope, restarting doesn't fix it. But using wine did the trick.

EDIT4: Sadly, the X-COM way of solving problems (with High Explosive and Large Rockets) will not work. I would like to try, but don't have real life access to it. :D
gimp work correctly, simply there is no red color in file because it is paletted graphic. And if I recall correctly by default OXCE use compressed palettes in screenshots (this mean use even less colors than normal game). Change to RGB should fix it.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 04, 2020, 10:09:02 am »
gimp work correctly, simply there is no red color in file because it is paletted graphic. And if I recall correctly by default OXCE use compressed palettes in screenshots (this mean use even less colors than normal game). Change to RGB should fix it.

Yeah, I figured it is something like that. I am using the system screenshot (just pressing prt sc) and it creates screenshots in $HOME/Pictures. Those use RGB. For some reason however it doesn't work in the Linux OXCE when in fullscreen. Apparently this happens in other games that use X windows too.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 04, 2020, 11:26:46 am »
We learned nothing of that Luchador, but he makes a nice replacement of the Punching bag in the Gym. We had a friendly visit from the Shark Punching Center and, uhm, they criticized the durability of our standard one.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 11:47:56 am by tarkalak »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 04, 2020, 12:20:40 pm »
Some more research and the Laboratory is finished.

I had an event where the Salvagers give me three expeditions for free, but I messed up the screenshot (pressed the wrong button).

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 05, 2020, 06:28:14 pm »
And lets do that Zombie Infestation over in South Somethica

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 05, 2020, 08:50:42 pm »
Last campaign I never saw the Infestor (played till mid 1998). Now they are everywhere!

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 05, 2020, 09:15:04 pm »
Turns 3 to 7. I did do some Reaction fire training and then these came close (last part). Maybe a barage of flashbangs will stop the farther one.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 05, 2020, 10:14:07 pm »
Turns 8 and 9. Ironmanish moment 27. I accidentally left an agent a tile too close to a fat guy. It wouldn't count if it was the red guy, but I really didn't intend to leave him there.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 05, 2020, 11:05:52 pm »
Turn 9. Uhm maybe I should have left, really.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 11:13:57 pm by tarkalak »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 06, 2020, 01:24:46 pm »
Turns 10-11. I think I got rid of the scarry ones and can just relax and have some nice training time. May be even expend some grenades for throwing training and getting killed by a woken up zombie. The options are limitless.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 06, 2020, 03:07:19 pm »
Final touches and outcome.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 06, 2020, 03:19:05 pm »
And I finally researched the Black Ops stuff. Now I need Explosives and Machine Guns license. I would prefer getting to the Healing Gel -> Sick Bay -> ... Uhm, that "We totally didn't reap the Red Dawn Bioenhancements" thing.

EDIT: Oh look, the next suicide mission is already up. Should I skip this one?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 03:22:56 pm by tarkalak »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 07, 2020, 03:17:16 pm »
Next mission. Also next next mission shows up.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 07, 2020, 03:37:21 pm »
Not the best start of this mission.
Now, theoretically, I could run up to the northwestern corner. However I don't have much healing with me and the helicopter will likely get overran by cultist making egress and rearming a bit difficult.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 04:04:33 pm by tarkalak »