Author Topic: Lone Survivor  (Read 3991 times)

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Lone Survivor
« on: December 25, 2012, 06:59:33 pm »

I got this game two days ago and I must say it's actually pretty good. It's a 2D sidescrolling "psychological horror survival adventure game" available in Steam. It's pretty much like a 2D retro themed Silent Hill with lots of references of other games. Gameplay is very simple, you can only move left or right but there are hiding spots and different routes to move around but a map definitely makes things easier the first times you play. Combat is as simple too. You can aim up, to the middle or down and allows you to hit monsters in different spots for different effects.

So... you are a masked guy holed up in his apartment room. You don't remember why the city is ravaged and plagued by deceased monsters. You don't even remember your past and your own name. The need to venture outside arises when you realize your supplies are gone. Your sanity is also affected and it's becoming hard to tell what's real.

You must explore to find a way out of your apartment, out of the city or if there are other survivors out there and perhaps, to find out about who you are. You can shoot anything you see or choose stealth, the approach to this ravaged world is up to you.

The hard part is to take care of yourself while searching for these answers. Eating and sleeping properly will keep you fit. You also have to take care of your sanity, which will impact on the things you see and the ending of your journey. There's a limited crafting system and tools that will let you improve your life to something relatively more normal, which will definitely help you cope with the situation. Or you can rely on drugs to make things easy... but anything comes with risks. And that doesn't apply to drugs only.

The game is short, but very interesting and fun. It's retro look and effects are also pretty well done. The most remarkable thing about it is the soundtracks and ambient sounds, so using headphones is a must. There's a free Demo but you can get it for 10 bucks or less if it's still at a discount in Steam. The OST is also available if you like that too.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Re: Lone Survivor
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 05:44:23 am »
I'll check out the demo. These kind of games I can never play for hours but only a few minutes every once in awhile and take me months to finish. I'm a scardy cat ><! thanks for sharing

Offline Parental Advisory

• Sergeant
  • Aliens exist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 10:45:24 pm »
Now I can put some Christmas money to use.. Of course, after I purchase X-COM Apocalypse.

Offline Chiko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 02:29:31 am »
It can be a bit hard at first. I always ended up abusing drugs my first times. Now I'm pretty much a pacifist ninja with the closest thing to a normal life to keep Sanity high.