aliens

Author Topic: The Ghost Ship  (Read 7191 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The Ghost Ship
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2020, 04:37:53 pm »
The ambulance it's for ecto 01 of ghostbusters.

Ah! I got it now.

Maybe in ghost mission we can have all the dead Xcom operatives on our side...

Well... The engine has a function to literally bring dead agents back... ???

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2020, 07:22:35 pm »
FYI Bug hunt mode activation also depends on enemy numbers, rank and panicking/moral state.

I did not know that. Maybe it could be tweaked to activate after a sufficiently long turn count as well? Around 40+ turns or more feels like it would be enough.

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2020, 04:41:50 pm »
I wouldn't mind it myself, in fact that was more or less the plan :D

But it's a whole new arc with lots of new creatures and weapons, and it is not a priority. If someone wants to give it a try, I'll be happy to lend a hand.

Perfectly understandable. Can't officially declare myself to do it all as I already am helping in various ways in various indie game projects (and I still want to also do that check on armor balancing I promised you) so taking up scripting of new missions and building maps may be a bit hard for me now (especially since my experience here in case of OpenXCom is, shall I say, very limited), but I can certainly consider writing at least a few short paragraphs for ufopedia should you need descriptions of various random crap, reports and have no idea/will to deal with them yourself when you'll be working on this arc. I mean, I'd like to offer more help but I'd rather not promise more than I comfortably can do and then leave you hanging.

Other than that, not a problem. Just sharing those thoughts for your consideration when you will work on that arc, whenever it will be and without nagging you.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2020, 10:29:21 pm »
Sure, if you feel like it, I'll be happy to see any content (but no promises to actually use it).

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2020, 08:53:05 am »
Are you totally sure this was fixed? Because I got the mission without completing the asylum one...AGAIN.

I think it might be because the release with the fix isn't public yet, so the sooner you can release 1.4.1 the better.

EDIT: Even after manually bringing up my game to the latest version on Github, the game still makes the mission appear. Until the fix is properly done, is there a way to forcibly make the game forget it tried to run the mission so it has a chance of appearing again? I'm sure it involves editing the save but can't figure out which part to change. I've attached the offending save file in question, if run it should generate the Hadriex mission within a few days despite the asylum mission never being completed- I tried to run the asylum mission previously, and I wonder if it can't tell the difference between the mission being attempted and the mission being successful.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 09:50:32 am by anothrgamer1234 »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2020, 02:12:53 pm »
So you're trying this out with an old save file? That wasn't made clear in your other post under bugs&crashes.

That won't work, and changes made in the new version won't be able to fix that either since it's already set to spawn in your save:

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_DR_HADRIEX_CRUISE
    region: REGION_DR_HADRIEX_CRUISE
    race: STR_CULT_OF_SPIRITS
    nextWave: 0
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    spawnCountdown: 10150
    liveUfos: 0
    uniqueID: 368
    missionSiteZone: 8

You can reset the mission counter under:

missionsRun:
but i'd either let the mission despawn or abort it before doing that.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 02:15:29 pm by krautbernd »

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2020, 04:53:00 pm »
So you're trying this out with an old save file? That wasn't made clear in your other post under bugs&crashes.

That won't work, and changes made in the new version won't be able to fix that either since it's already set to spawn in your save:

- type: STR_DR_HADRIEX_CRUISE
    region: REGION_DR_HADRIEX_CRUISE
    race: STR_CULT_OF_SPIRITS
    nextWave: 0
    nextUfoCounter: 0
    spawnCountdown: 10150
    liveUfos: 0
    uniqueID: 368
    missionSiteZone: 8

You can reset the mission counter under:

missionsRun:
but i'd either let the mission despawn or abort it before doing that.

Well damn, I did not know that. What should I reset that to when it despawns- do I just remove it outright or change the number next to it?

EDIT: I removed it from the list of missions to be spawned. Will this work or did I just make a big mistake?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:12:44 pm by anothrgamer1234 »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2020, 06:31:39 pm »
That will keep it from actually triggering, but it won't respawn as long as it's listed in the missionsRun section since the mission is set to run/spawn only once.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 06:36:04 pm by krautbernd »

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2020, 06:34:38 pm »
That will keep it from spawning, but it won't respawn as long as it's listed in the missionsRun section.
So do I just delete its entry there too? I'm new to this save editing stuff and I'm worried that I may need to restart my run to fix it.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2020, 07:00:29 pm »
I'm new to this save editing stuff and I'm worried that I may need to restart my run to fix it.
Right now I can't think of a mess-up that would actually necessitate something like that (short of deleting large parts or the entirety of the save file). Most of the critical entries can be recreated if know approximately what it is you deleted or changed, and the game should repopulate the mission section upon reloading. You can also simply save in a new slot or make a backup out of game (if you're running ironman) before modifying anything just to be sure.

So do I just delete its entry there too?
Yes, or set it to 0. Both should work.

missionsRun:
lists the number of times mission scripts with a maxRuns attribute other than default -1 have been executed (i.e. been spawned/set to trigger). For details see the ruleset reference. While the save file structure is a bit different from the rulesets you should be able to infer what entries correspond to in-game.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:03:28 pm by krautbernd »

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2020, 07:08:04 pm »
Right now I can't think of a mess-up that would actually necessitate something like that (short of deleting large parts or the entirety of the save file). Most of the critical entries can be recreated if know approximately what it is you deleted or changed, and the game should repopulate the mission section upon reloading. You can also simply save in a new slot or make a backup out of game (if you're running ironman) before modifying anything just to be sure.
Yes, or set it to 0. Both should work.

missionsRun:
lists the number of times mission scripts with a maxRuns attribute other than default -1 have been executed (i.e. been spawned/set to trigger). For details see the ruleset reference. While the save file structure is a bit different from the rulesets you should be able to infer what entries correspond to in-game.

The weird part is that according to the save the mission had already been run once before (apparently without my knowledge)- perhaps it didn't count because it was never detected? In any case, I've removed the entry just to be safe.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2020, 07:51:36 pm »
No. The counter indicates how often the mission script has been executed, not how often the mission has been "spawned" on the globe. When the mission script executes the mission is added to the

alienMissions:
section and is set to spawn after

spawnCountdown:
reaches zero. Mission sites do not have a detection chance. They are comparable to terror sites from vanilla. They are not UFOs.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:56:19 pm by krautbernd »