Author Topic: [Bug report] List of issues encountered in the android version  (Read 1942 times)

Offline Killbotvii

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Over the past week or so I've been playing The X-COM Files on my android phone hooked up to mouse and keyboard as well as my chromebook. I've compiled a list of issues that I've collectively run into.
  • Auto edge scrolling with mouse sometimes stops working entirely. Triggered still works. Chromebook-exclusive problem.
  • Random black flickering across parts of the screen. Possibly related to ChromeOS and has not occurred on my phone as of yet.
  • Escape stops working sometimes. Workaround: you have to switch to a different app and then return.
  • Control-clicking items in and out of an inventory sometimes stops working. See above for workaround.
  • Disabling "List-drag scrolling" does nothing, it remains on regardless.
  • Sometimes lists will think they're being dragged when the mouse is simply hovering over them. Workaround: close and reopen the application.
  • Sometimes cycling through inventories briefly puts the mouse right over the "belt" section and then jumps it back to its previous position. randomly fixes itself.
  • Sometimes when tabbing back into a battlescape scene, the UI for the inventory reverts to original scale(as opposed to filling the screen) and the battlescape UI disappears entirely. Workaround: Save and reload.
  • Small black box frequently appears above and to the left of the cursor and stays attached to it. Disappears randomly.
  • mousing over the ^ and v buttons for adjusting quantities in lists will sometimes trigger the action for the mouse wheel being used, meaning any time the mouse is over it, the values rapidly change upwards or downwards.
  • The "show cursor" option does nothing.
  • The mouse is always invisible when you start the application. Workaround: Manually change the mouse mode back to extended, even if it's already selected.
  • The cursor stopped appearing on the chromebook as of May 24th at 10:25 PM EDT. I believe there is some sort of regression going on, as the edge scrolling and the jumping cursor issue both cropped up at the same time hours prior. Workaround: Shit you not, "show cursor" works now.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 07:09:01 am by Killbotvii »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Bug report] List of issues encountered in the android version
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 10:22:43 am »
Android version was never tested on Chromebook.

If you find any Android bugs, you can report them to @sfalexrog on github: https://github.com/sfalexrog

If you find any Chromebook bugs, you'll probably need to fix them yourself.

Offline Killbotvii

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 04:26:22 pm »
Android version was never tested on Chromebook.

If you find any Android bugs, you can report them to @sfalexrog on github: https://github.com/sfalexrog

If you find any Chromebook bugs, you'll probably need to fix them yourself.
Understood. I did ask in the Discord the best place to report these and this was where I was told to put it, so I apologize if this wasn't where it should have been put.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 04:41:13 pm »
Understood. I did ask in the Discord the best place to report these and this was where I was told to put it, so I apologize if this wasn't where it should have been put.

No worries, you didn't do anything wrong.

I just can't help you with this and trying to redirect to someone who maybe can.