Author Topic: Ski Resort Missions = Night Missions?  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Ski Resort Missions = Night Missions?
« on: May 22, 2020, 12:58:03 am »
I recently did one and I noticed that these missions are not doable at daylight. That little lodge you start at, has so many windows, they have pretty much no cover. So the enemy can shoot you to pieces no matter where you are. I can't see how that's viable at day.

At night, on the other hand... The enemy can barely see anything. You can also use flares and flare guns to create distant light sources which do not reveal your team. Smoke helps (Extinguishers ftw). It plays more like a normal mission.

Weird. Is that intentional?

Enviado de meu moto e5 play usando o Tapatalk

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Ski Resort Missions = Night Missions?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 06:26:36 am »
It's doable (difficulty 2) but requires a bit of luck with map layout. As long as you spawn at the edge of the map, you usually have enough cover in and around your house. Too bad you can't abort the mission.

I don't bother with it anymore. The loot isn't worth the effort and danger to your agents. It's only worthwhile if you desperately need a capture from the faction there. But you never know beforehand which faction you will encounter.

The beach mission's difficulty is similar and you can't retreat from that one either, but at least you get an osiron crate and some good weapons out of it.