aliens

Author Topic: (after 1.0) Sun and Moon  (Read 6838 times)

Offline zGuba

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
(after 1.0) Sun and Moon
« on: December 10, 2012, 11:52:07 pm »
"Simple" suggestion from me. To be considered after 1.0 possibly.
- Moon adding to battlescape light level. Geoscape AI should consider deploying their terror missions more likely during new moon ;)
- Moon and Sun visible on Geoscape. They may be even single colored circles.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
Re: (after 1.0) Sun and Moon
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 11:03:08 am »
Hmm.... not a bad idea to have the battlescape in a low-light (as opposed to no-light) during night mission if there is a full moon.

Maybe it will get implemented sometime after 1.0

I don't know what to say about showing the moon and the sun... kinda overkill? Maybe only show the moon?

Volutar

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 12:52:48 pm »
show the moon? where? like moon phase "sign" or like 5 pixels occasionally showing in narrow sector far behing the Earth when rotating planet (with no zoom)?

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 08:44:07 am »
What a moon base, I'd like to see that >) hell yeaaaah!

Offline zGuba

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 07:06:10 pm »
well, from what I see in UFO: Alien Invasion it's quite fancy thing to add. Little problem, if you have earth lighting it should be achievable to get the moon.

Moon base is good idea IMO. Could be like half-Cydonia, a FOB for aliens far from the mastermind on Mars. Destroying it could cripple alien supplies until new moon FOB is made.

Offline alienfood

• Captain
  • It's people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 12:29:07 am »
A moon base as a staging area or stepping stone is a very good idea. Could require a less-advanced craft than Cydonia.

Offline shuuk

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 09:52:59 am »
Moon? On the dark side of the moon :D
What about water? tftd ?

Offline MKSheppard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 05:04:29 pm »
show the moon? where? like moon phase "sign" or like 5 pixels occasionally showing in narrow sector far behing the Earth when rotating planet (with no zoom)?

I like the moon phase sign. It's simple, clear and unambiguous -- we're all familiar with how the phases of the moon work in real life. It would become another factor in executing a mission -- "Yeah, it's at night, BUT it's a full moon, meaning we can see better."

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 07:19:51 pm »
I'd also like to see the moon revolving around the Earth in Geoscape. Maybe make the whole background revolve slowly too as you're turning the world! That would be sweeeeet!

About the Moon base, sorry for going off topic :) but one last thing. After beating it, I'd like it if you can click on the moon from the Geoscape and it'll take you to the expensive Moon base >) It'll be a little more expensive than a normal base.

Last one for sure. You won't know about the Moon base until you interrogate an Ethereal Commander. An Ethereal Base on the dark side of the Moon would be so cool :) and only the high command Ethereal know about it.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 07:48:40 pm »
as Volutar pointed out sun and moon are too small to look good in current geoscape. except of this, it is fully doable.
Moon reflection is probably easier to make. Only problem is how much moon should be bright to look and work right.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:26:15 am by Yankes »