aliens

Author Topic: A few doubts  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
A few doubts
« on: May 03, 2020, 07:10:29 pm »
Hi there! Back on this fantastic mod.

I have a few doubts, could you please help?

1. What is overstun? I've heard that is a thing, but not much of a thing it is.

2. How does the CQC mechanics work?

3. Is the AI able to run?

4. I have seen a few events that make me lose points early on, apparently missions I never found. Does that mean that I need to send my agents in patrols around the world? This is making me lose points, first month was horrible for that.

5. Do soldiers in patrol outside the base still get gym training?

6. At game start, I got a lot of data about enemy types I never met. Like gangers and stuff, pretty basic. Is this supposed to be a thing?

7. Are we supposed to research worker concealment? Seems like I got it from one of the early researchs or something. At least I got such a UFOpaedia topic.

Enviado de meu moto e5 play usando o Tapatalk

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A few doubts
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 07:23:48 pm »
1. What is overstun? I've heard that is a thing, but not much of a thing it is.
If you stun an unit too much (relative to its current HP), then its so stunned it actually looses health and can die from it

2. How does the CQC mechanics work?
i dunno, it does work though....

3. Is the AI able to run?
You need to put it in a chassis (armor), like tank, flying drone or such

4. I have seen a few events that make me lose points early on, apparently missions I never found. Does that mean that I need to send my agents in patrols around the world? This is making me lose points, first month was horrible for that.
Nope those are random events. Yes in the first time they can be annoying, but they can be good ones as well :)

5. Do soldiers in patrol outside the base still get gym training?
Only the time not wounded present in base.

6. At game start, I got a lot of data about enemy types I never met. Like gangers and stuff, pretty basic. Is this supposed to be a thing?
Yes.

7. Are we supposed to research worker concealment? Seems like I got it from one of the early researchs or something. At least I got such a UFOpaedia topic.
Yes it´ll lead to certain missions.

Offline Mrvex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: A few doubts
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 08:17:03 pm »
Overstun can happen if you hit someone abit way too much, this happens if you hit really wounded enemies with stunweapons or if you overwhelm a healthy enemy with superior stun weapons. Overstun can also happen if the enemy falls unconsious in smoke as he will asphyxiate. You can remove overstun from friends, allies and foes via medkits or painkillers.

Close Range Combat works by some parameters, targets and attackers reactions, energy, melee accuracy and weapon type. Generally, pistols have the best chance to shoot someone in the face, the longer the weapon is, the more likely it is to be parried to the side. By the time Sectoids will appear, your agents will be bordeline unkillable at point blank since they will in 9/10 move their weapon away so charging them isnt that bad of an idea if you know there arent more of them around the bush.
Also, CQC will activate even if you are shooting at someone else but there is somebody next to you... they wont let you shoot at their buddies.

No, AI cannot run hit the gas to conserve TU at expense of energy. Dogs and Rats can run and this will be esential so they have as many TU as possible when you get them next to a door or corner. Dogs in particular can maul most enemies and their teeth has actually some large damage output and they can also bark at enemies to shred their TU so if you position him behind a door and a baddie comes in the dog will drain all of his TU and he wont be able to act at all and if he aproaches the dog in proximity (like the dog is directly next to a door the dog will bite him. This bite can take down most human enemies in 2-4 attacks and the bite is really cheap time unit wise and somewhat accurate.

There events are bound to happen, good or bad, removing certain factions from play will delete some of these but for a good chunk of the game, if the game throws alot of bad events at you, you need to do extra work to get a good rating and increased funding, how much the game shits on you will tell you how many extra miles you will have to jump.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 08:25:07 pm by Mrvex »