Author Topic: OpenXCom on armv7 - seg fault  (Read 2164 times)

Offline Time4Tea

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
OpenXCom on armv7 - seg fault
« on: May 02, 2020, 11:55:25 pm »
Hi, I built openxcom yesterday on my armv7 Chromebook (running Linux, built using the AUR script). The game seemed to build fine; however, when I try to run, I get a segmentation fault error (log file attached). I'm trying to run the vanilla game with no mods and I know my data files are good, as the game runs fine in dosbox. Any ideas what the problem might be?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 06:31:20 pm by Time4Tea »

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXCom on armv7 - seg fault
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 03:36:34 pm »
Since you did not mention copying the game data files to the xcom folder under config. Did you did that as well, if not that could explain the segmentation.

For reference, the attached file shows the tree structure for the data files, both tftd and UFO with data patches from the openxcom website, on a user (not system) installation.
Since your logfile references "/usr/share/openxcom/" as data folder you might want to check that location instead of "$HOME/.local/share/openxcom/".

Hope this helps. Good luck getting it to run

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 06:25:16 pm »
it's most likely not about data files
the game crashes at sorting item rules, probably NPE or something... no idea why

this is the place where it crashes: https://github.com/OpenXcom/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Mod/Mod.cpp#L2439
to say more, I'm afraid you'll need to debug... it normally shouldn't crash there

Offline Time4Tea

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 06:37:29 pm »
it's most likely not about data files
the game crashes at sorting item rules, probably NPE or something... no idea why

this is the place where it crashes: https://github.com/OpenXcom/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Mod/Mod.cpp#L2439
to say more, I'm afraid you'll need to debug... it normally shouldn't crash there

Thanks, I attached a longer log file, having enabled debugging and verbose logging in the config file. As you say, from the log file, it looks like it is finding the data files. It seems to be crashing when it tries to load the vars.rul ruleset. I'll try to have a look at debugging, if I can find some time.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2020, 07:05:38 pm »
Thanks, I attached a longer log file, having enabled debugging and verbose logging in the config file. As you say, from the log file, it looks like it is finding the data files. It seems to be crashing when it tries to load the vars.rul ruleset. I'll try to have a look at debugging, if I can find some time.

It has loaded vars.rul correctly.

It crashes in the next step... sorting the loaded rules.