aliens

Author Topic: [Solved] mapScript:terrain and aliendeployment:objectiveType questions.  (Read 1786 times)

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
This is a little difficult to explain, I'll try my best.
I have two separate terrains that are meant to be used together (I can't merge them into single terrain, too many MCDs):
 - FARM (the "main" terrain)
 - FARM_INFECTED (the "slave" terrain)
Therefore what I'd do is to slip some FARM_INFECTED map blocks into a FARM map, using the mapScript:terrain command.
Everything should be doable.

The problem is that the missions that are going to use these hybrid maps, are supposed to have aliendeployment:objectiveType, that is a bunch of MCDs you have to destroy to complete the mission.
First problem:
What should aliendeployment:objectiveType indicate? The index of the MCD within the whole terrain or the specialType (AKA Target_Type:59)?
I have two different MCDs that needs to be destroyed and they can appear together on the same map. They share the same specialType (AKA Target_Type:59). So, if objectType refers to specialType  this problem is solved. If not.. how do I solve it (if even possible)?

Second problem:
Within both terrains, the wannabe-objective MCDs have same index (it's also the same specific MCD library), see picture attached. But the actual MCDs placed on the map are from the FARM_INFECTED terrain, and these map blocks are placed in the map by the mapScript:terrain command. If aliendeployment:objectiveType refers to specialType, again this problem is solved. If not.. how to correctly define the objectiveType to the MCDs inside the FARM_INFECTED terrain?

Thanks.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 09:17:43 am by Meridian »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE] mapScript:terrain and aliendeployment:objectiveType questions.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 04:24:12 pm »
First problem:
What should aliendeployment:objectiveType indicate? The index of the MCD within the whole terrain or the specialType (AKA Target_Type:59)?
I have two different MCDs that needs to be destroyed and they can appear together on the same map. They share the same specialType (AKA Target_Type:59). So, if objectType refers to specialType  this problem is solved. If not.. how do I solve it (if even possible)?

Yes, objectiveType is defined by specialType.

Second problem:
Within both terrains, the wannabe-objective MCDs have same index (it's also the same specific MCD library), see picture attached. But the actual MCDs placed on the map are from the FARM_INFECTED terrain, and these map blocks are placed in the map by the mapScript:terrain command. If aliendeployment:objectiveType refers to specialType, again this problem is solved. If not.. how to correctly define the objectiveType to the MCDs inside the FARM_INFECTED terrain?

I don't understand this question enough to answer.

Offline robin

• Commander
  • ULTIMATE ROOKIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 04:57:13 pm »
Yes, objectiveType is defined by specialType.

I don't understand this question enough to answer.
I'll try to rephrase it in a different way.
The mission effectively uses 2 different terrains (since it uses map block from 2 different terrains). If objectiveType was defined by MCD index, I wasn't sure how to indicate the desired MCD properly.
I thought that, maybe, both terrains were "merged" and a "global" index value was needed. Example: first terrain has 235 MCDs, meaning the last has index == 234; in the second terrain the relevant MCD is the 8th; so to select that MCD I should have set objectiveType: 242 (234 + 8 ). Something like that.
Or maybe there coudl have been a special punctuation to define an index inside a specific terrain, like [FARM_INFECTED, 7].

But since it uses specialType all this speculation is meaningless.
Thanks.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 10:50:00 pm by robin »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 05:14:03 pm »
I see.
No, we wouldn't do that to you... index mathematics is not fun.