aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestion] TU reservation  (Read 1913 times)

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] TU reservation
« on: February 10, 2020, 09:27:18 am »
Suppose that you have clicked on "reserve snapshot TU" button

If a weapon have aimed shot only it will stop at aim shot and that's good, you don't have to think about switching button when you click on "next soldier"
But if you have a weapon with only an auto-shot mode the soldier isn't stopped
Can you fix/improved this ?

Same question with melee and special attacks like for psi-amp, and throwing grenades

Also thought about something:

For weapon without auto-shot mode:

- if they have a snap-shot mode, auto-shot mode, keeps TU for 2 shots if possible 1 otherwise
- if they have only a aimed shot mode, auto-shot mode, keeps TU for 2 shots if possible 1 otherwise

this could also work for melee with 2 strikes.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [Suggestion] TU reservation
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 09:45:55 am »
IMO, you can do a MUCH better job handling this manually... than any algorithm ever could.
And it costs so little time and effort, it's negligible compared to the battle duration.

(I have not used any reserve button in the last 20 years, and I haven't seen any veteran player use it either.)

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2020, 10:03:46 am »
Even if you do it manually the TU reservation if a safeguard that blocks movement and you don't have to worry about remembering to stop (even if sometimes you lack 1 or 2 TU to change direction)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2020, 01:51:03 pm »
There was maybe some use for this in vanilla, but even back then I found it more comfortable to just count TUs.
In OXC, with the super nice GUI showing the pathway and the TUs left, I can't see these icons being useful to any significant degree.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:47:03 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2020, 06:10:17 pm »
Even if it's super useful I don't use the pathway showing because it kills the mood a bit. And since TU shoot usage can vary a lot based on character own TU I still use the TH reservation button.

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2020, 10:53:50 pm »
I would find a Reserve TUs to Get Back to Hard Cover button MUCH more useful than the reserve for shooting ones.  But it's probably much too difficult to implement.  I do use the zero TUs button now and then although I sometimes press it too soon.