aliens

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Ai Armor  (Read 3521 times)

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[Suggestion] Ai Armor
« on: February 01, 2020, 11:47:32 pm »
Some ideas that came to me about AI
- an upgrade of Medic armor AI after some medical discoveries are made (mostly the medkit that will allow all  3 healings, maybe stimulant available earlier with the trauma pack ?). Perhaps also a better armor research needed too to upgrade armor. Manufacture option: upgrade Medic armor
- tank weapons switchable like with the xeno-shield once discovered. For example you could opt for the canon, minigun or the rocket version of the tank. I don't know if the weapon can be bought aside from the tank, like ammo.
- An upgrade of the scout drone after some discoveries. A tritanium version ? Perhaps a snapshop mode too. A better armor/health. Manufacture option; Upgrade scout armor.
- I love the flying drone. Most of the time I equip them with Taser, Flashlight, dart pistol. I have to test with a stunrod. because after lightcycling he got some melee..I was so happy to have enough to send a flyng tank and 7 flying drones deal with the Chrysalid mission sine I've got no flying suits yet). Suggested version a heavier version, with a grav module and 2 hands free and a bit or more carrying capacity and a slightly better armor (less than a tank)

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 11:57:15 pm by betatester »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [Suggestion] Ai Armor
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 06:29:59 pm »
Some ideas that came to me about AI

Hello and thanks for the ideas! Let's look at them individually.

- an upgrade of Medic armor AI after some medical discoveries are made (mostly the medkit that will allow all 3 healings, maybe stimulant available earlier with the trauma pack ?). Perhaps also a better armor research needed too to upgrade armor. Manufacture option: upgrade Medic armor

Doable and not controversial. There didn't seem to have been much interest at all in this drone chassis up until now, but if you like it, then I'll think about it.

I think it would require:
- Advanced Medicine
- Trauma Pack
- Tritanium

Perhaps it could be a flying frone? If yes, then the requirements would obviously increase.

- tank weapons switchable like with the xeno-shield once discovered. For example you could opt for the canon, minigun or the rocket version of the tank. I don't know if the weapon can be bought aside from the tank, like ammo.

This is not doable exactly like you described, but Dioxine did something similar in Piratez (weapons switched by manufacture). It's a pain to code though, and honestly I don't feel the gain would be enough to justify it; it's just a lot of boring work. Maybe if I feel inspired to it.

- An upgrade of the scout drone after some discoveries. A tritanium version ? Perhaps a snapshop mode too. A better armor/health. Manufacture option; Upgrade scout armor.

Can be done as well. I'm happy you like these small drones!
What weapons should it have? I'd probably choose something better than the shotgun and the smoke dispenser...

- I love the flying drone. Most of the time I equip them with Taser, Flashlight, dart pistol. I have to test with a stunrod. because after lightcycling he got some melee..I was so happy to have enough to send a flyng tank and 7 flying drones deal with the Chrysalid mission sine I've got no flying suits yet). Suggested version a heavier version, with a grav module and 2 hands free and a bit or more carrying capacity and a slightly better armor (less than a tank)

Oops, looks like I forgot to block its left hand... -_-'

Sorry, this drone has no hands, I can't allow it to hold equipment :)

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 08:34:15 pm »
Oops, looks like I forgot to block its left hand... -_-'

Sorry, this drone has no hands, I can't allow it to hold equipment :)

Oh no! I just found out, that this is possible and now that "feature" will be removed.
Giving my drone a stungun or even some dynamite is hilarious. (I know it makes no sense.)

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 08:48:06 pm »
i't not holding equipment it's just a hardware point for light equipment.
Sorry Odin and the others  I think you will miss a slot soon.
If it's the case a new laser weapon after blaster pistol is discovered.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 12:52:12 pm »
If I make a drone which can reasonably have such a hardpoint, then it will certainly happen. :)

This model is just far too small and light to make it believable.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2020, 04:11:25 pm »
If I make a drone which can reasonably have such a hardpoint, then it will certainly happen. :)

This model is just far too small and light to make it believable.
Are we still talking about the repurposed alien drone, or there are plans to add a purely earth origin flying drone? This would be similar to today's (2010s) quad-copters, even if the mod is based on the late 1990s.
I recall that
Spoiler:
the Meridian mission had some flying drones of a different origin, which look more to me as quad-copters.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2020, 04:29:21 pm »
wouldn't drones be perfect for scatter laser weaponry...?  ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 04:36:26 pm »
I was referring specifically to the repurposed alien drone.

It is possible that there will be other similar devices added later, which may have access to custom equipment. Meridian's seeker drones are a possibility, but they are even lighter and flimsier than the alien drone (as it's a scouting unit), so certainly they wouldn't have this feature.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 11:49:18 am »
Speaking of new armors for AIs,, I think I mentioned this one, but what about a bigger, bulkier drone frame that is meant as a combat form before unlocking the HWP ones? Something like this:

Spoiler:

Thanks for the new version!
By the way, any idea what happened to Dioxine? Was he kidnapped by actual pirates or something?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 03:04:07 pm »
I am all for new stuff if someone makes good graphics.

Dioxine is fine, he got pissed at the terrain pack issue and went on holidays to work on other stuff. He'll likely be back sooner or later, but he needs to make some new terrains from scratch and it's not a one day job.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 02:43:51 am »
gmn.. :o :(

i wish him good fine works on mods and project

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2020, 01:51:46 am »
For tank and hover tanks;

Production:
- un mount <tank type> weapon:
needs a tank armor, a workshop and 5 ingineers to do it in 1 hour produce a tank chassis (or hover chassis) and the appropriate tank weapon
- mount <tanktype> wepon
need the appropriate tank weapon and a chassis (or hover chassis) produce a tank armor

size of chassis + size of the weapon= size of the tank for storage purpose