Author Topic: Starter Tips section and how to make money  (Read 8521 times)

Offline MoonKid

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starter Tips section and how to make money
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2020, 12:03:07 am »
I do not fully understand. Can I earn money while let the engineers build something and sell it?

What is about durathread? Build cost is 2k and sell price is 3k. But the engineers cost money each month. There is no profit isn't it?

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2020, 06:32:24 am »
.."how on money" ?, you ask?

so, yet another (potential) possibility, - try (add into XComF.game) just  ..*inheritance after some "damn rich "uncle"[/b]*  :o :D :P

;D (.. = "z´dedení po nejakém bohatém .."strýčkovi" (príbuzném)

..and building (strategy) of hi-tech, damn expensive, full (and expensive) equipped, secret~hidden, ~~(partially) underground, big base, - indeed will be going surely to alot better, with some pile(s) and crates full of ..capitals, pillettes of €$ neo-dollars, and  funds,stocks, & equities, and gold bars..   8) :D)  :p

« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 06:54:22 am by RolandVasko »

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2020, 04:41:22 pm »

Lesson number one of night-fighting: Don't bring any more flashlights to a mission, than you intend to equip. They will sit in your stash and illuminate the landing zone. Flares can be turned off, flashlights can't.

Just wanted to point out that this bit in particular no longer applies as of recent updates - flashlights can be turned on and off. They are off by default, so any flashlights you brought and don't equip will remain off on the ground. Yei!

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2020, 05:24:42 pm »
pretty sure there can be stuff made with profits. but have not checked the numbers yet.
definately not as crazy as vanilla though. But with the big workshops there´s like 250 engineers in there, so more production per base.
then again, you probably don't need it by the time you can do.
for starters: make missions, sell stuff and bodies you find.

Offline Alazar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2020, 05:28:36 pm »
That is not what I meant. My question basically boils down to: Is it worth it to set up a manufacturing facility purely with the intention to make money?

1 workshop ($800k)+ 1 living quarters($400k) + 50 engineers ($2.5M) costs $3.7M

50 engineers producing and selling chemoguns all month long make a profit of $1.46M.
Deduct from this your 50 engineers' monthly salary of $1.25M.
That's not a lot of profit. You will not make back your initial investment of workshop, quarters and engineers in a long time.

100 engies, 2,5m salary, producing and selling warp rifles 4,8m per month, profit 2,3m.
But its endgame stuff really.

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2020, 09:24:31 pm »
Just wanted to point out that this bit in particular no longer applies as of recent updates - flashlights can be turned on and off. They are off by default, so any flashlights you brought and don't equip will remain off on the ground. Yei!
Yes, I was very pleased about that addition. I guess I should edit that bit out of my post now.