aliens

Author Topic: Mission zones examples  (Read 10304 times)

wcho035

Re: Mission zones examples
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2019, 04:55:57 pm »
By the way, for echo save file, the purple colour bases belongs to the Wild West faction and white for the church. I have check the mapscript code for their aliendeployments. They are good. Yet the strange errors with sea maps having farm maps mixed together and pure farm maps.Just weird. Never happen before in all my test.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2019, 06:14:58 pm »
Found it.
These two mission zones are invalid.

Code: [Select]
        - [326.422418969555, 7.409762904452691, 3.645104510856, 58.523326761397]

- [351.4087936583636, 13.642775788655001, -31.762792829359, -7.0192759031104]

You cannot cross prime meridian (zero degrees) in a mission zone.
Left coordinate must always be smaller than the right coordinate... so you should split them into two mission zones (one west from prime meridian and one east from prime meridian).

PS: Normally the game handles that by generating a new coordinate, which belongs into a given region... but your 2 new regions don't even have coordinates... so the game just gives up after 100 attempts of generating correct coordinates and takes even an incorrect one.

wcho035

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2019, 11:07:46 pm »
Thanks Meridian, greatly appreciate this.  I was correct by my assumption before, it was in the region.rul

I wasn’t familiar with enough with the Prime Meridian issue to identify it.

Those old programming skills I have in bug isolation from my Computer Science days still worth a dime..

wcho035

« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2019, 03:56:50 am »
Hi Meridian, I am able to generate the final version of the Missionzone for my game. I am still getting terrain spawn errors. Instead of sea, I have desert. The interesting part about this problem is, the correct underwater aliendeployment was used and it ran off the sea version of Mapscript in the Aliendeployment . Eg, it spawn the correct sea bases, but terrain: globeTerrain is calling a default farm map again for a sea floor map.

It might be a bug with globeTerrain.

I have tried avoiding the Meridian: Prime problem by not drawing any missionzone rectangle over that area.

I will send you a file with the new Region.rul and the save game alpha, I hope you still have my mod.

The new bitmap image is from another save game I have played.  Seems like 1 out of 5 sea maps is having this spawn problem.
Both bases are within of the missionzone spawn area.

Decrypt password will be send to your inbox again.

Please check my mod dev diary for the final screen shots of final missionzone I did this morning.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:27:50 am by Precentor Apollyon »

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2019, 11:50:59 am »
1/ your land region has zones which are clearly not land, see screenshot 1

2/ your land region has zones which have small parts that are not land, see screenshot 2

3/ by adding many small zones, the probability for big zones got drastically smaller... so you are very unlikely to see any bases let's say in central russia/mongolia/china, see screenshot 3

4/ you get farm terrain on the base near los angeles, because the globe doesn't have any texture there... and just defaults to farm, see screenshot 4

wcho035

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2019, 12:34:42 pm »
Interesting, I have enable debug mode. Thanks for the information of negative texture. It is probably that part of the globe is missing a triangle.

Another strange problem not yet explained is spawn with mixed up terrain. Please see screenshot.

In debug mode, it shows a positive texture. So how does one fix this problem? It is calling the correct underwater deployment and also mapscript.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 01:08:16 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2019, 03:19:22 pm »
Also Meridian, with debug mode, how did you toggle up the correct missionzone? I tried Ctrl-D it is not showing up.

If you can describe the steps, thank you.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2019, 04:19:17 pm »
Another strange problem not yet explained is spawn with mixed up terrain. Please see screenshot.

I didn't add/change anything for verticalTerrain commands, no idea how they work.
You'll need to ask ohartenstein23.

Also Meridian, with debug mode, how did you toggle up the correct missionzone? I tried Ctrl-D it is not showing up.
If you can describe the steps, thank you.

There is no such feature.
I changed the source code to see it.

wcho035

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2019, 04:44:55 pm »
Maybe I can do a hack by placing sea terrains on the -1 texture, if that might solve the problem and I will assign the terror mission spawn to another negative value. If this could overide farm terrain.. and it is not hard coded.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2019, 04:47:52 pm »
Maybe I can do a hack by placing sea terrains on the -1 texture, if that might solve the problem and I will assign the terror mission spawn to another negative value. If this could overide farm terrain.. and it is not hard coded.

Probably yes.
But why not just defining a globe without texture holes?

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2019, 09:44:17 pm »
@ohartenstein: can you check if this syntax is correct?

the command with STARPYRAMID doesn't seem to consider globeTerrain, the rest does
(on the other hand, I don't see any pyramid either, so no idea if the mapblock is even correct, or what exactly should it do)

mapScripts:
  - type: SEA_ASSAULTCHURCHREAL
    commands:
    - type: addCraft
      terrain: globeTerrain
      groups: 1
    - type: addBlock
      size: [2,2,6]
      verticalLevels:
      - type: ground
        size: [2,2,0]
      - type: middle
        size: [2,2,6]
        terrain: STARPYRAMID
      size: [1,1,6]
      verticalLevels:
        size: [1,1,0]
        terrain: ENEMYBASEBLOCKSEA2
      verticalLevels:
        terrain: ENEMYHUMANFIGHTERSUBBASE
      verticalLevels:
        terrain: ENEMYBASEBLOCKSEA3
      size: 2
      execution: 2
    - type: fillArea
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:04:15 pm by Meridian »

wcho035

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2019, 09:44:39 pm »
This mod is like an incomplete cruise ship, if I am to use it as an Analogy. I am it’s captain and the users are the passengers. I am missing it’s submerged Hanger and I would like bases to spawn in places that missionzone doesn’t cover.  ::).

There are holes and I got duct tapes to patch it. If it stays afloat and passengers doesn’t know all the details. As long as the mod or ship sails. It is all the matter.  ;D

Any chance I can put in an advance order on the submerged Hanger? (Permission flag for specific craft to use only specific hangers)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2019, 10:08:44 pm »
Any chance I can put in an advance order on the submerged Hanger? (Permission flag for specific craft to use only specific hangers)

To give you some perspective... I have over 150 requests on my todo-list and over 80 more requests on "rejected-but-maybe-reconsider-list".

Give me one good reason why I should do your requests before other people's requests?

wcho035

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2019, 10:11:22 pm »
Hey Meridian, I just realised something.  :o That Star Pyramid map might not be in the test mod and I am using it my other personal build! It is not finished. I just forgot the map script was copy over might be without the map Asset! That might be it!  Damn it, but the map is a plug in structure, it sits on top of the globeterrain.

Should the structure is missing, shouldn’t globeterrain be used instead of default?

Please check if the StarPyramid terrain has its asset map in the mod. I remember I copy the asset over. Just in case.

I don’t have the mod on hand to check atm
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:41:14 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2019, 10:23:10 pm »
Sorry, I didn’t have your perspective. I have no idea. I wish to offer you my most sincere of apologies for my lacking in understanding in the situation.

Anyway, it has been two years since the original request was raised. I thought the idea having different type Hangers is in demand. Also the idea of aircraft using submerged Hanger instead of subs, is non-possible. This is the final piece in my Hybrid mod that’s missing from it being fully functional with TFTD side almost fully emulated.

Not this Hybrid mod, the one I had released and removed due to its incomplete globe.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 10:28:51 pm by Precentor Apollyon »