aliens

Author Topic: Mind Control and LoS  (Read 6198 times)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Control and LoS
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2024, 05:35:01 pm »
It seems that I was correct on the part that stunning enemies don't get you spotted, though, so at least an indirect hit (that doesn't kill the enemy) doesn't count.
Meridian's reference means you get 'blamed' for the kill, not the hit. Stun is separate from that, you can 'stun-kill' someone and it doesn't trigger the omniscience. Conversely, you can make an enemy burn or bleed and be 'seen' three turns later when the enemy succumbs to these injuries.

All in all, it's a moderately confusing mechanic. Especially in conjuction with 'spottedForSnipers'.

Offline iodsnips

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2024, 10:34:09 pm »
The intelligence statistic is 0 for all humans, aww!  For aliens it ranges from 2 to 8 and is unaffected by difficulty settings.  Intelligence is a number that correponds to the number of turns the alien will remember the location of your troops.  Like it's been mentioned, aliens can be affected by something after several turns thus extending how long they remember the location of your troops from how long you might expect.  Alien ranks plays a big role in-between the different species for their intellect.

The only alien combos that have the minimum 2 intellect:
Snakeman Soldier
Muton Soldier
Reaper

The only aliens that have the maximum 8 intellect:
(3 of 4 below are the only aliens to have 0 aggression too!)
Floater Leader
Floater Commander
Sectoid Commander
Ethereal Commander (has aggression of 1)

Special mention for only the terror aliens along with their intellect:
Reaper 2
Silacoid 3
Zombie 3
Chryssalid 4
Celatid 4
Sectopod 4
Cyberdisc 5

Some unique alien statistics that they get:

"Intelligence of the alien ranked from 2-8. This number correponds to the number of turns the alien will remember the location of your troops."

"Energy Recharge. This number represents how fast a unit will recover Energy lost due to movement."
  The human mechanic to this a soldiers starting TUs to determine Energy Recovery & can never change for that soldier. 50TU=16, 51-53=17, 54-56=18, 57-59=19, 60=20

"VPS, The number of Victory Points X-COM will get for killing that alien."

"Aggression is a number between 0 and 2. The larger the value, the more aggressive the alien will be. High ranking aliens usually prefer to stay concealed, rather than get involved in a raging fire-fight."

Offline AlesiSanchez

• Squaddie
  • Bullfighta
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2024, 01:58:32 am »
Many thanks again good Sirs. 

Offline AlesiSanchez

• Squaddie
  • Bullfighta
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2024, 08:50:51 am »
Just a thought... I presume that proximity mines do not reveal the soldiers like other grenades, rockets, explosives etc?

I thought this might be the case because prox mines (iirc) do not give XP etc to person throwing so I thought perhaps they similarly do not reveal person throwing?

Nope.
Grenades, splash from rockets, etc. trigger it too.

https://github.com/OpenXcom/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Battlescape/BattlescapeGame.cpp#L719

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2024, 09:09:41 am »
Just a thought... I presume that proximity mines do not reveal the soldiers like other grenades, rockets, explosives etc?

I thought this might be the case because prox mines (iirc) do not give XP etc to person throwing so I thought perhaps they similarly do not reveal person throwing?

It applies to proxies too.

And they give (firing) XP too to the throwing person.

Offline AlesiSanchez

• Squaddie
  • Bullfighta
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2024, 12:22:19 pm »
Thank you again good sir.