aliens

Author Topic: Choosing where the aircraft lands  (Read 1588 times)

Offline Marrik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Choosing where the aircraft lands
« on: November 12, 2019, 11:43:30 pm »
Are there any mods that allow you to choose where on the map your agents land/park? It's kind of obnoxious and stupid that my professional black ops unit decided to land their helicopter directly in front of the gates of the enemy compound, or directly in the center of a giant throng of enemy soldiers/suicide bomber zombies/whatever. Sometimes you end up completely screwed because of the random, nonsensical placement of the vehicle, and other times the random placement of the vehicle makes the exact same mission a total cakewalk.

For instance, I just had to give up on a Red Dawn HQ assault after killing +60 enemies, because of my 8 guys, 1 was dead and 6 were incapacitated, and the aircraft was placed in such a way that the enemy could throw grenades and high explosives into the aircraft from several different angles, and it was impossible to exit the aircraft without drawing more grenades and high explosives.

Then, when I reloaded a save and tried the exact same mission again, I breezed through it in less time than it took me to give up on the first try, didn't lose anyone and only had a single agent wounded. The reason it was so easy was 100% because of where on the map the aircraft happened to land.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Choosing where the aircraft lands
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2019, 11:53:29 pm »
Are there any mods that allow you to choose where on the map your agents land/park?

no