Author Topic: Non human units appearing in craft equip screen  (Read 2122 times)

wcho035

Non human units appearing in craft equip screen
« on: September 25, 2019, 07:25:37 pm »
Hi Meridian, just a two quick question on this..

1) Some times, non human units, AKA dog, bird appeared as tanks in the item equip in the craft, when you customised the soldiers and equipment before a battle, is there anywhere in the ruleset that can change them to a human instead of a tank?

This is unrelated.

2) Anyway you can hide the mana stats of a soldier? if he or her stats is not declared in the soldier.rul? From the ruleset or Script other wise? Only declared stats are visible? Or if the stats is zero it is not visible in geoscape?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Non human units appearing in craft equip screen
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 07:48:33 pm »
1) Some times, non human units, AKA dog, bird appeared as tanks in the item equip in the craft, when you customised the soldiers and equipment before a battle, is there anywhere in the ruleset that can change them to a human instead of a tank?

I have no idea what you mean.
Give us some examples with screenshots.

2) Anyway you can hide the mana stats of a soldier? if he or her stats is not declared in the soldier.rul? From the ruleset or Script other wise? Only declared stats are visible? Or if the stats is zero it is not visible in geoscape?

Mana stat is not visible by default.
Only if you activate the mana feature, it becomes visible.
Documentation here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,7241.0.html

All other stats are always visible.

wcho035

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2019, 08:04:53 pm »
Is there a way to hide it? Even when it is active? Yes? No? If no then by script? I will sent screen shot tomorrow.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2019, 08:11:16 pm »
Is there a way to hide it? Even when it is active? Yes? No? If no then by script? I will sent screen shot tomorrow.

As written in the documentation (which you should finally read), there are two settings for hiding and showing the mana, globally and on the battlescape UI.

wcho035

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2019, 08:14:54 pm »
Okay, I do it tomorrow. Thanks kindly again Meridian.

wcho035

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 11:58:12 am »
Hi Meridian, I finally have a screenshot.

In this case here, I have humans I am hiring, but they appeared as tanks. They are not humans you hire from Soldier.rul. So is there anyway to change their representation as humans instead of tanks?

Lastly this is unrelated but I don't want to start another thread. For my USOs terrains I extracted out from TFTD and put in UFO1, if the USO is shot down and recovered, most of the items salvage from the ufo is missing. Like Zrbite and Aqua Plastic. If I am to replace them with Alien Alloys and Elerium, do I have to do a Mapview replacement of tiles? Or just tiles edit? Or create new aliens components from scratch matching the TFTD equivalents?

Thanks again, if you can kindly help.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 12:44:37 pm »
In this case here, I have humans I am hiring, but they appeared as tanks. They are not humans you hire from Soldier.rul. So is there anyway to change their representation as humans instead of tanks?

Yes,
see here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4187.msg59717.html#msg59717
and here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5954.msg96561.html#msg96561

wcho035

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 12:52:38 pm »
Thanks, I will look into it. Any luck with the second half with my question?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 12:55:35 pm by wcho035 »