Author Topic: Experiments with HWP having two different weapons.. partial success + Help.  (Read 1475 times)

wcho035

Hi, yesterday I was experimenting with tanks having two different weapons and ammo type.

By the norm, it is not possible. However, what if the tank is armed with one tank weapon AND xcom foot soldier weapon?

Hooola! Success! However, you have to enable the HWP to able to pick up stuff from the battlefield. My question is, is there something in the coding that allow the Hand weapons not tank weapons to be permanently GLUED or FIXED to the inventory slot? Right now it can be removed, despite using the builtInWeapons: selection.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Experiments with HWP having two different weapons.. partial success + Help.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2019, 09:55:30 am »
However, you have to enable the HWP to able to pick up stuff from the battlefield.

Why?
Built-in weapons work also without it.

Code: [Select]
units:
  - type: STR_TANK_CANNON
    builtInWeapons:
      - STR_LASER_PISTOL

My question is, is there something in the coding that allow the Hand weapons not tank weapons to be permanently GLUED or FIXED to the inventory slot?

Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_LASER_PISTOL
    fixedWeapon: true

wcho035

Re: Experiments with HWP having two different weapons.. partial success + Help.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2019, 11:09:42 am »
Thank Meridian as always, I just have to code all tank weapons as infantry weapons and uses infantry Annie. This way, it is a dual weapon platform