aliens

Author Topic: Colour Replaced Aliens  (Read 53789 times)

Offline Mutonbrain

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Colour Replaced Aliens
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2013, 12:37:36 pm »
Thanks !
A lot of stuff to go through.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 02:51:31 pm »
Just another Colour replacement :) From Personal Armour to Cyborg...Still want to tweak the arms on the Dying sprite but i am out of time tonight :-[

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2013, 01:38:23 pm »
ALL colour Replace Units have been updated on my Mod site :
https://openxcommods.weebly.com/downloads2.html

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2013, 03:39:33 pm »
I like it!!, i might pick it up and use it in my mod :)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 11:05:53 am »
Couldn't help myself last night, i made another one

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 08:30:59 pm »
Sorry for resurrecting this thread  ::)

1. I really like some of the new colors, good work!
2. I think it would be best to just randimize the colors of the aliens regardless of rank. To prevent a rainbow of colors, only "matching" colors should be used, i.e. dark green, grey & black as additional colors for mutons

best regards
Hadan

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 03:31:57 pm »
Hey DEV team , can you just confirm what is possibly within these rulesets so far:

Can we Yet add new aliens into the Mix ( IE: different colours one) to improve MIX of enemies?
Can we assign them by Rank ( i am asking this for another user - personally i dont like the idea)
Can we have units "A,B,C&D" show up more in early game but in later game have unit"X,Y &Z" show up more...... Not 100% of the time but increasing chances as game rolls on?

Thanks Guys :P

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2013, 05:28:19 pm »
You should, but I'll never know until you try. :P

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2013, 02:25:40 pm »
OK, this is really the first time i have built my own "Ruleset" ( the UFO ruleset i uploaded last night was built from one 54X he posted up in my Expanded UFO Topic), this does not work so i am curios as to what i did wrong ( it will be easy once i have a general template to work from).

Update: Getting closer: i have renamed the .PCK as i was testing what was wrong, you have been warned, file still not working

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:24:10 pm by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2013, 12:05:49 pm »
OK, this is really the first time i have built my own "Ruleset" ( the UFO ruleset i uploaded last night was built from one 54X he posted up in my Expanded UFO Topic), this does not work so i am curios as to what i did wrong ( it will be easy once i have a general template to work from).

Update: Getting closer: i have renamed the .PCK as i was testing what was wrong, you have been warned
ERROR : Warning " Floater Elder" could not be found in English??? WTF
Instant battle works until you start the mission ( crash happens after equipment screen), can i please get a little help for what ever is missing ???

Also, i have been looking at the Terror Units, how do i specify what weapons they have, i want a Chrysalids that can make zombies via Melee and spit Acid with a Arc Attack, i dont see how to do that in Rulesets, it looks like it can only have one or the other.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:10:57 pm by luke83 »

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2013, 01:27:50 pm »
ERROR : Warning " Floater Elder" could not be found in English??? WTF
Instant battle works until you start the mission ( crash happens after equipment screen), can i please get a little help for what ever is missing ???
I'm guessing this is the language strings. Won't your string need to be something like STR_FLOATER_ELDER, and then have the translations in English etc. of "Floater Elder"?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2013, 01:34:16 pm »
I'm guessing this is the language strings. Won't your string need to be something like STR_FLOATER_ELDER, and then have the translations in English etc. of "Floater Elder"?

I did have "STR_FLOATER_ELDER," but i changed it as that is what was showing up in instant battle, pretty sure it still didn't work at that point :P

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2013, 05:03:04 pm »
For one thing you're missing a "research:" after the "alienRaces:" in there. :P

Update: Getting closer: i have renamed the .PCK as i was testing what was wrong, you have been warned, file still not working
I'm not sure we support extra PCKs (extraSprites is designed for modern image files), I'll have a look.

Also, i have been looking at the Terror Units, how do i specify what weapons they have, i want a Chrysalids that can make zombies via Melee and spit Acid with a Arc Attack, i dont see how to do that in Rulesets, it looks like it can only have one or the other.
You can specify alien equipment in the "alienDeployments", though terror unit weapons might be hardcoded.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2013, 10:11:22 pm »
I'm not sure we support extra PCKs (extraSprites is designed for modern image files), I'll have a look.

I just assumed since you supported the old format everywhere else, it would be in by default, i am about to leave for work,  not sure if i will time tonight to have another look at this.

You can specify alien equipment in the "alienDeployments", though terror unit weapons might be hardcoded.
I hope this changes at some point.

Also "specab" any plans to expand the options in here?

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2013, 06:29:46 am »
I just assumed since you supported the old format everywhere else, it would be in by default, i am about to leave for work,  not sure if i will time tonight to have another look at this.
Well changing extraSprites to support old formats would be more work than it's worth, so I just changed it so if you put your PCKs in the UNITS folder they will be detected (and likewise for other old image locations).

I hope this changes at some point.
Well terror units always have the same weapon throughout (where the weapon is "unit name" + "_WEAPON"). I could change it to _WEAPON1 and _WEAPON2 but I'm not sure if the terror AI handles two weapons. I'll leave it to Warboy. :P

Also "specab" any plans to expand the options in here?
Like? We only added stuff needed by X-COM.

Edit: I tried your Floater_Elder mod, seems to work fine in New Battle, though I had to fix some bugs (you left some stuff still referencing STR_FLOATER instead of STR_FLOATER_ELDER)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:08:09 am by SupSuper »