aliens

Author Topic: Colour Replaced Aliens  (Read 53773 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: Colour Replaced Aliens
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2013, 07:22:58 am »
you tried it already, Excellent, time for a quick test.

Like? We only added stuff needed by X-COM.

well a few extra skills that come to mind, Regenerate Health, camouflage ( some of Yanks code handles this), Spawn from Dead ( imagine a space alien that lays a live young in the corpse of a soldier/civilians -now you have a reason to pick your comrades up- also helpful for my side project, Undead), Berserk attacks , New psionic powers - pushback, blast, levitate, spawn unit from item (PMPROGs Code)......Should i go on  :P

Better go off and try this ruleset again 8)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 07:24:59 am by luke83 »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2013, 07:45:47 am »
Thanks SupSuper, the file and New build work, i now have these bad boys in Instant Battle and just lost 4 people trying to get off my ship with these bad boys, finally , the floater is scary ;)

One issue i found was the weapon sprites are BAD, does your build have this issue also?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2013, 02:58:44 pm »
only aliens with the "livingWeapon" flag set will spawn with a weapon named after the unit, you can still supply a deployment for terror units without this flag and it will still work. as for being "hard coded" the weapons themselves are defined in the ruleset and limited only by your imagination.

also, if you give a unit that zombifies (say a chryssalid) a ranged weapon, it will still zombify people it shoots.
zombification is a component of the unit, not the weapon.

btw: the projectiles are fixed
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 03:00:44 pm by Warboy1982 »

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2013, 03:02:44 pm »
Wow, those floaters are scary! When will this MOD be available?

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2013, 03:06:11 pm »

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,737.msg14537.html#msg14537 (SupSupers post on the bottom of the previous page)  :D

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2013, 10:13:22 pm »
its still early days so for now just use the ruleset SupSuper fixed for me,  the current strenghs of these guys was just some numbers i picked at random but they did a good job a killing me.

Now i have a general idea of how this works, i would like to roll a few of these out over the next 2 months so i can make a update to the mod site, anyone wanting to help with the ufopedia entries for these guys let me know as creative writing is not my strength,

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2013, 10:18:39 pm »
Give me same basic outlines about their history, strength, biologie & I will give it a shot.
English isnt my native language, but I think its not too bad  ;)

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2013, 01:27:04 pm »
its still early days so for now just use the ruleset SupSuper fixed for me,  the current strenghs of these guys was just some numbers i picked at random but they did a good job a killing me.

Now i have a general idea of how this works, i would like to roll a few of these out over the next 2 months so i can make a update to the mod site, anyone wanting to help with the ufopedia entries for these guys let me know as creative writing is not my strength,

As you can see here
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,1335.msg12160.html#msg12160

but let Hadan do it this time.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2013, 02:29:45 pm »
Sorry Mercy i forgot about that forum post, i have a few aliens here to build so feel free to do some also ;)

Red Muton - Honour Guard -Crazy aggressive, hardened mutons with full PSI resistance
Black Muton- Jump packs mutons ( Flying ability will have to do)
Floater ELders -  just harder/ faster flaoters , you will think of something
Elder Sectoids - New PSI powers ( Comeon DEV's you know you want to ) https://openxcommods.weebly.com/downloads12.html
Dark Snakeman -  Just harder and HEAPS faster , have you seen snakes they can bloody move
Cyborg-  former Human Factions/ cult members
Pink Chrysalids - Spit acid with embedded eggs :) got to push limits of the ruleset
Red Gang - terrorists
Blue Gang - alternate terrorists

Feel free to go Crazy with names and stuff, i want more Variety

Offline tyran_nick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2013, 01:42:52 am »
Pink Chrysalids - Spit acid with embedded eggs :) got to push limits of the ruleset

That will also push the limits of players!

Offline Gifty

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2013, 03:37:51 am »
anyone wanting to help with the ufopedia entries for these guys let me know as creative writing is not my strength,
I'd be overjoyed to help with this, if you want me.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2013, 10:05:02 am »
That will also push the limits of players!
This wasnt my orignal intention, i originally wanted it as a second attack option without the possability of spawning a zombie, but Warboy told me its hardcoded like that so, thats just how its going to be :) I will need to experiment with the Range of this attack so its not super powerful :P

Gifty, if you want to help, be my guest, i guess if you pick a unit that tickles your fancy, post which one you want and do, then when yur ready, share with the rest of us, i can focus on working out the rulesets and adding extra graphics.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:12:22 am by luke83 »

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2013, 05:42:59 pm »
Just been scribbling the first outlines for the descriptions of the new aliens.
Can i asume that a player who meets one of the "elder" races has met/researched their basic counterparts?
Meaning I can reference to existing knowlegde.

/edit: First dratf of 2 new aliens:
>> Floater Elders
> Live:
The Floater Elders are the aliens elite terror agents, their ranks filled from battle-hardened Floater veterans which makes them a deadly foe in any encounter.
Their anti-gravity unit seem much more sophisticated, allowing a much more controlled flight.

>Autopsy:
This creatures alterations goes even further than that of a normal floater.
In addition to a better live support system the skin appears to be strengthened with fibers of alien alloys embeded in the biological tissue.
This fibers make them virtualy immune to armour piercing or incendiary attacks.

>> Red Muton - Honour Guard -Crazy aggressive, hardened mutons with full PSI resistance
>Live:
This muton "honour guards" are even more aggressiv than the foot soldiers.
Their improved implants give them greater freedom, while at the same time makes them loyal to the point of self-sacrifice.
Once asigned a target by telepatic command, nothing short of death can stop a honour guard from trying to kill the target.
>Autopsy:
The 'skin' of this type of muton is harder than the one seen on foot soldiers.
The honour guard uses different implants. This implants boosts their metabolism, making them faster and harder to kill.
While not giving them psionic powers of their own, they make them very hard to influence by our psionic soldiers.

greetz
Hadan
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:38:23 pm by Hadan »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2013, 10:02:27 pm »
Nice work,  lets replace "Honour Guard" with something more cool and alien sounding, i am open to suggestions :P

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2013, 02:16:11 pm »
Hey Experience Ruleset People, tried adding some Chrysalids to the mix and once again it don't load, some advice would be great as i must be missing something in here to get it to work.

I am now using Notepad++ , this makes thing easier to manage the wall of text that is the Ruleset but clearly its not enough to help my little brain track the issues :P