aliens

Author Topic: Running the old 2017 11 09 OpenXcom Build specifically to use out of date Mods?  (Read 1963 times)

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
I have a few Mods that are not compatible with the latest 2019 08 03 OpenXcom Build.

Are there any problems that are particularly catastrophic that could arise from running the 2017 11 09 OpenXcom Build for use exclusively with these old Mods?
(It is the version of OpenXcom these Mods were written for so I know they run on it.)

From what I remember that build was a pretty stable version at the time so I am not that worried.

But I thought it would be better to ask before charging in blindly, just in case.

Also:
I'm still looking for
OpenXcom's version history so I can learn what changes have been implemented since that older version.
(Could someone please provide a link?)

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Yes, there have been 100+ bugfixes in the last 2 years.

"Catastrophic" is a subjective term, they were all catastrophic if you ask me...

Correct approach is to fix the mods... it should take just a few minutes for small/medium mods; and maybe half an hour for large mods. We can also help, if help is needed.

PS: also, if those mods are incompatible with the newest OpenXcom, there's a high chance they were bugged to start with, updating them would make them more stable
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:05:40 pm by Meridian »

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
You are right, I'll begin updating the Mods instead immediately.

Starting with the Final Mod Pack's V1.9.8's items_FMP.rul file, which I'll post 'HERE' for anyone who may need that specific version with the all of the negative index variables fixed.

I doubt anyone else will be interested in an older version of the FMP, but just in case I may as well upload it.