aliens

Author Topic: Gold codex, Officer outfit questions?  (Read 10150 times)

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Gold codex, Officer outfit questions?
« on: April 29, 2019, 04:22:14 am »
I'm about to start a new run of Xpiratez (may even youtube if I decide a 100+ episode let's play is a thing I'd *want* to ever embark on). Haven't played for a couple of years, so was thnking of codeci. The Gold one in particular.

So, quick question:

I know that the Officer's Outfit is meant to boost the Pirate Flag, etc. But does this go for things like damage calculations on all weapons (melee and ranged)? +100 bravery seems rather nice for turning quite a few weapons into absolute killers (or super stunners) if it does. Even if the rest of the stuff you get is pretty naff, it kicks plenty of stuff up a tier or so in damage, if not in damage-type. There's not really weapon tiers in X-Piratez, but an extra 10-40 damage seems pretty sweet on some fairly low-tech stuff. So even if it's one gal only (can you make more Officer's Outfits if you've got some gals with the stats to wear them?) what a gal she is, even with fairly low tech weapons. Assuming the old Tiny Drill wiki article is still accurate on the stats of that outfit and that the damage calcs work from it. So, what do you get with the Gold codex these days?

Can someone post a piccy or two of the Officer's Outfit from the bootypedia? Or is codex stuff not allowed? I haven't seen the actual stats, or what sort of bravery level you'd probably want before wearing it yet. Since that's the main early drawcard of the codex, I'd like to know before making an irreversible decision. I kinda know how good the later game stuff can be.

Likewise,  a piccy of the whip would be handy too.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 04:34:04 am by sambojin »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Gold codex, Officer outfit questions?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 04:33:57 am »
Pics ahoy, and yes there are weapons, quite a few in fact that scale off bravery for either damage or accuracy. Sadly it takes 3 screens to list all the aspects of the outfit.

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 04:35:00 am »
Thanks. Is it possible to make more outfits, if you've got the stats on gals to wear them? Or is it a one-off?

Oh, and the lash looks quite fun, especially with the requisite amount of x-grog on hand for occaisional drunken slap-happy attempts at TU boosting :)

A quick list of stuff that gets a pretty big boost. Remember, this is aside from your base stats, just taking the +100 Bravery into account.

Ranged:
--------------
Flag and Battle Pipes (far bigger/better effect)
O'Harties Gun +accuracy (+15 damage with Silver Snake ammo)
Dart Pistol accuracy
Silver Snake +15 damage
Handcannon/Kustom +15/+10 damage. Another early game winner.
Laslock Pistol accuracy, +10 damage
Justicar +10 damage
Linux SMG/Mandrake/Origami +10 damage
Boarding Gun/Custom Shooty/Super Shooty +10 damage
XG Assault +25 damage(!), so a minimum of 85 (probably 105 piercing at Bravery 80+100 outfit) for 25%TU sniping! Reaction fire ahoy!
Reaper Rifle +20 damage
Flintlock Rifle +accuracy, +15 damage. Early game goodness. Essentially starts at 70%+ aimed accurate, 45+ damage hit, with the right gal.
Ballistae +accuracy
Mortar +accuracy
Pipes of Doom +accuracy (weird 80 Chem damage moral sapper, dazer)

Melee
-----------
Super Gauntlet +30 damage
Handle +35 damage (whoops, killed 'em)
Shiv/Razor/Bandit Knife +10 damage
Chitin Knife +25 damage
Long Knife +accuracy, +25 damage
Monstermano +20 damage
Holy Club +30 damage
Sickle +40 damage (reaping time!)
Slaver's Cane +40 daze damage (11 TU cattle prod, but not electric)
Bone Club +30 daze/damage (again, whoopsie)
Billhook/Tech Cleaver +30/+50 damage, and massive morale loss if they survive
Quarterstaff +30 damage (it's pretty accurate)
Cat's Paws +15 damage (it's pretty quick to use on TUs)
Pitchfork +20 damage (enemy TU removal. Don't know what it does really. Anti-reaction fire? But you're already in melee?)
Toxilance +15 bio damage (does lots of bad stuff to an enemy)
Loli Chainsaw +40 damage (3x auto-fire melee at 24% TUs? Do not stand near!)
Rope +15 damage (vs choking 400% sometimes, x2 energy sapping, so maybe +120 energy sap?)
All Shields +accuracy
Wrestling and Martial Arts get an accuracy or damage boost respectively
Heaps of the buttstrikes with guns use a bit of Bravery.

Anyway, there's tonnes more in the melee category, and I probably missed a few in ranged. This is assuming the wiki is moderately correct.

That outfit does SO many more things than just giving you a good flag. You can set up your gal to do whatever you want, high tech or low, and generally be better at it than most. Until she dies. Then, ummm, I guess you should have chosen a different codex. But what a life she'll lead :)

Early super trooper, as long as you get a brave gal to start with, and can rank her up a bit, regardless of research. Or you might get an overstatted Freak if you're lucky. But it's not too hard to get a rank 3-4 gal with 70-80 bravery. Not easy, but not unlikely after a bit of playtime and judicious Flag or medikit use.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:28:19 pm by sambojin »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 05:10:05 am »
It's a one timer.

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 07:36:14 am »
Thanks for the quick answers.

I can see the outfit opening up quite a few funny situations. Your "brave" Officer gal sitting by the landing craft, being fed copious amount of x-grog by another gal to fix the stun damage, as she drops laser-guided mortar strikes onto the enemy. At least until she's actually brave enough to join the main squad. Until then, the booze makes 'em go better!

The aforementioned drinky whips, where your gal *ain't* brave enough for the outfit, then combat turns into a game of drunken grab-ass, that still helps an actually competent gal to do her job better.

Or, you know. The basic image of just what your Captain did with a handle to turn that enemy into a quivering pile of mush. I mean, what orifice did she even stick it in? How did that happen to them because of it? A sight to behold :)

But more realistically, the extra damage should help that gal, or any that can meet the bravery/rank requirements, to fly through the advanced training bit of being a pirate. More damage, more accuracy, or both, with virtually any type of weapon you can get your hands on. Also gives you a chance if something tough comes up fairly early, if only because melee generally works pretty well against most things. It just works even better now (+25 melee on the outfit *and* extra damage, and a handful of TUs to boot. Nice!). With all the resistances, it's "kind of" like 28 all-around armour at the minimum (even though resistance/armour doesn't work like this, it actually works better in many ways). So yeah, amazing outfit.

I sort of want to see just how quickly you can train up reactions with Cat's Paws or a handle too. Might also open up a snap shot reaction-fire job for her down the track.

Thanks again for all the info. I'm definitely going Gold codex for my playthrough, even if the menacing craft isn't amazing. Both the early and lategame buffs/suits look fun.

On a "stereotypical" 80 Bravery, rank 3 gal wearing the Officer outfit, the Officer's Lash "should" be doing a touch over 25 stun damage and give about 18-19 TUs and 75 morale(!), even without any voodoo malarky going on. That's not bad, and maybe stun resistance will help against that level of slappiness. Or grog. Grog always helps.
Can someone confirm that these figures are close? That's a pretty impressive use of 9TU/energy/morale.
(nevermind. Armour is taken into account, but only half of it. So it'll be more like 15 stun, 11-12TU, 45 morale on an average damage roll against your gal's 20 all-round armour? That sounds more balanced. Still pretty good though. One or two cracks of the whip is often an extra shot or swing, maybe two, and definitely a free crouch or move if on the defensive).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:28:07 am by sambojin »

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 11:37:28 am »
I might make up a thorough list of actual damages for an 80 Bravery Gal wearing the Officer's outfit.
For Bravery accuracy, it tends to be weapon_accuracy%*(2_stat_normals+25%), so usually about 6-16% more accurate, on average, when wearing the outfit. 6-25%, depending on stats/gun/distance and auto/aimed/snap, but around 12.5% is kinda "usual". So you're "double kneeling" or something, when you're kneeling. Kind of. Just generally think of it as +12.5%accuracy*weapon_crappiness_coefficient. That's pretty good btw. It's about 25% less crappy. Or so. Something like that.
That's with just the outfit mod. With 80 Bravery, your bravery-aim weapon is "kind of" 22.5%-45% less crappy at hitting. This does not mean it will hit. I'm just not going to put an indecypherible maths equation here. Just assume it's almost 25%-50% better at not missing, kind of, nearly, but some weapons are designed to miss a lot.

Anyway, placeholder post, to put an 80+100 Bravery stat gal's proper damage in for many weapons, with details of the better options with the Officer outfit.
I'm not even going to do ranges or thoughts of for ranged. Melee is where it's at :)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 11:57:20 am by sambojin »

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2019, 12:07:46 pm »
Easiest way to train bravery is usually to send your gal to battle naked. Especially one where you capture most foes. Each time she resists panicking when under 50 morale she has a chance to get those +10 bravery.

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2019, 12:35:38 pm »
Yeah, skimpy runs are the best.

Can anyone take a piccy of the inventory of the Officer outfit? May as well have everything here for them's with decent wiki-fu stats.

8/25 still? So essentially a Most Admirable bikini? She won the contest of shirts? Or has it changed?

As long as the gals enjoyed the party, and they were brave enough...... Or just grab a scaredy little minx that got an outfit "locked" to her, that you have to carry through her soririty hazing period with booze/"medicine", otherwise she falls down, that'd be fun. But she'll be stronger for it. Though I doubt there's code for that.

Strangely enough, knowing all of the above, I doubt having 2 Officer's outfits available would weaken the Gold codex. Or gameplay at all, if it was even done on the "have a party" research, if it can be locked to the least/most brave girl (95% least/5% most brave chance of getting it locked to them). So everyone gets an "Officer". Lol. If anything, it would strengthen the codex. Have a party and randomly nominate a cowardly weakling/rarely a brave unstatted, but always have one spare outfit for the right gal that was strong, would be funny as hell. So Gold is still stronger, and with backup, but missing out on that narrative gameplay opportunity would be silly. Every codex should have a mascot gal to look after. Anyway, random thoughts of funnies on storylines. Carrying the new gal through, after the party, would be an early game objective. Because it gives everything above if you do.

Look after your pet. Feed it medicine, etc. She's your mascot.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 02:04:24 pm by sambojin »

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2019, 02:17:17 pm »
Can someone post a piccy or two of the Officer's Outfit from the bootypedia?

Protip: If you start a quick battle, center mouse button click on an item lets you see its bootypedia page and from there you can leaf through the entire thing

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2019, 04:21:18 pm »
As mentioned, I'm about to start a run. Thus questions of this nature.
X-Piratez runs tend to take 6 months or more, unless they're early ended.
So, figured it was fine. If it's still an 8/25 uniform or so, without any differences, all good.
There's the quick little Inv 8 comment in the piccies, so I'm sorta figuring it is exactly that.There's so much to say in that blurb, that "not much inventory" is fine as a shortened footnote.
They also didn't say "recalculate damage or accuracy on +100 Bravery", and Inv 8 is Inv 8/25, just wasn't sure of it.
Actually, if Inv 8 is Inv 8/25, it's a Maid outfit.

Sexiest damn maid on earth, Cap'n!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 04:33:31 pm by sambojin »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2019, 07:58:11 pm »
Yeah only 8 inventory, belt+quick draw, which is not particularly helpful/flexible in the early game when every outfit is space limited and you have very few gals.

For me that's one of the 2 deal breakers for me. the other is that the flag is now nigh one of a kind as well because it requires a wide spread of components, some of which are found loot only. You don't even get one for free anymore as part of the codex. And if your unlucky to misplace/lose those rare bits your never gonna have one anyway till RNG blesses you with the right drop.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 12:18:39 am »
Officers outfit + Pirate Flag is bugged at the moment. Specifically, when wearing the Officers Outfit, moral damage is inverted. Getting hit by a handle will drain your moral, getting hit by a whip will give you moral.
So when you use the Flag, you also get hit by the blast and because of inverted moral damage your moral is then 0. So you are guaranteed to panick next round (unless you kill something).

If you want to use the flag, better use it with warrior armor. A high ranked gal will get as much tu back as flag use costs. So you can spam the flag as long as your energy lasts. Bikini is also good because of the high energy regen.

My milage with Officers Outfit:
The handle buff is the most useful. It allows you to stun armored things you can't touch with any other stun. For example, Government Elites on superhuman.

For me, the best thing about the gold codex is the selection of shadowtech crafts you get. That will affect your game way more than anything else.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 06:43:21 am »
i have taken the liberty of posting to the bug thread on your behalf.

Offline ziroc

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 01:55:13 pm »
Can someone post a piccy or two of the Officer's Outfit from the bootypedia?

A little bit late, but still. Shameless self-promotion :)
https://xpz-wiki.herokuapp.com/armor?id=STR_PIR_OFFICER_UC

Offline sambojin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 01:16:13 am »
Always good to have the info available somewhere.

I might go through and update the wiki pages on the different codexes eventually, just on the different stuff they give you now. Very handy to know, since it flavours your playstyle so heavily early and late (or can). They'll probably change again, but having something that's at least a little accurate would be nice. They're a pretty big thing imo, and I tend to check the wiki instead of the bootypedia from time to time (even though it's vastly outdated and inaccurate).

(this is eventually, as in, within a month or two.....)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 10:17:04 am by sambojin »