aliens

Author Topic: [MOD] Large Workshop  (Read 3396 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
[MOD] Large Workshop
« on: April 28, 2019, 04:41:54 pm »
I've adapted biggieboy's large workshop mod for XCF, complete with research and ufopedia fluff article.

Producing alien alloys takes time, money and - most of all - workshop space, especially if you also need to built prototype fighter craft from scratch in two days.

This mod combines five workshops into a single, 2x2 workshop facility. 250 workshop space because your engineers get to use fancy alien alloy tools (let's pretend it's not because i was tired of industrial bases consisting entirely of workshops). Also comes with a bit of additional storage space.

Original terrain by biggieboy, modified by me (no, it's not also a hangar so no pesky aliens invading the workshops) with a totally new, crappy base sprite.

Let me know if you encounter any bugs and/or if you think the stats need changing.

EDIT:
Fixed some terrain objects blocking corridors. New version attached.

Fixed missing provideBaseFunc entry. New version attached.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 04:30:42 pm by krautbernd »

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Large Workshop
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 09:27:23 pm »
Yay, another good mod for X-Files! Not as good as the one with multiple special buildings, but it's a start.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 07:47:26 pm »
I'd gladly integrate it (if permitted), but you probably have different custom terrain tiles? Or not?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 08:42:04 pm »
I'd gladly integrate it (if permitted), but you probably have different custom terrain tiles? Or not?

I had some trouble getting the original to play nice with XCF. BATHWALL is identical to the XFC version, but BATHBITZ is different (not sure what the actual difference is though, probably the tile order). I can try to work this out, but i'm not really...proficient...with the editing tools (as in, they crash pretty much every time i work with them). I'm happy i got the route changes etc. done without going crazy. How you guys manage to create entire maps with these is amazing.

Feel free to do whatever you want with this mod (though it would be nice if whoever uses this would credit me as well as the original author).

EDIT:
As far as i can tell the only difference between the BATHBITZ tilesets is the washing machine at position 18. It should probably work fine if you include the XBASE3 set.
Nevermind, apparently the maps only use the standard tilesets. You should be able to integrate them without problems. I've updated the archive accordingly.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 09:26:42 pm by krautbernd »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 07:16:20 pm »
All right, I will give it a try! And of course credit will be given. ;)

EDIT:
I have integrated the mod. Thank you and please look forward to the next version!

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 07:24:49 pm »
Cool, glad to hear it worked out, despite the initial tileset confusion :D

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2019, 04:34:58 pm »
The workshop was missing a BaseFunc entry that prevented it from providing actual workshop functionality, only providing additonal workplaces. I've uploaded a fixed version (for those not using the newest version of OXCF).