aliens

Author Topic: Area 51 help  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Falrion1

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Area 51 help
« on: April 17, 2019, 04:45:14 am »
I recently installed openxcom extended and used the patch to update the files then installed area 51 and it works fine. I have a problem though, the mod clearly says lasers are harder to get and i reached the stage where i got them. However in the mod i had elerium-115 sitting there, stacks of plasma weapons, yet after researching alien alloys and the combat and personal armours, i didn't get the option to research elerium-115 or plasma weapons, or power armour, i haven't had the option to research fusion technology yet and for some reason i cant use stun bombs or launchers. the mod says you can make a laser sniper rifle but i have researched laser pistol, rifle and heavy yet found no option for sniper rifle. I couldn't get the MUDRANGER either, someone please tell me if i'm missing a stage or it takes an extra step to get these, i've taken out an alien base and captured leaders and navigators and engineers and everything. i've tested it without the mod enabled and i can research all the stuff.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:43:59 am by Falrion1 »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Area 51 help
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 07:49:21 pm »
However in the mod i had elerium-115 sitting there, stacks of plasma weapons, yet after researching alien alloys and the combat and personal armours, i didn't get the option to research elerium-115 or plasma weapons, or power armour, i haven't had the option to research fusion technology yet and for some reason i cant use stun bombs or launchers. the mod says you can make a laser sniper rifle but i have researched laser pistol, rifle and heavy yet found no option for sniper rifle. I couldn't get the MUDRANGER either, someone please tell me if i'm missing a stage or it takes an extra step to get these, i've taken out an alien base and captured leaders and navigators and engineers and everything. i've tested it without the mod enabled and i can research all the stuff.

There are two ways to unlock Elerium: by capturing an Alien Scientist, which only appears in Harvesters, Abductors and Labships, or by detecting in Geoscape a special alien facility.

And there are three ways to unlock advanced weapons: by researching Elerium, by retrieving a specific data disk on the Council missions, or by detecting another special facility.

The Mudranger is only used on Council missions where it is impossible to land the Skyranger/transports, so you can't get it.