aliens

Author Topic: Loving the Game! Question About Empty Research Screens... Bug?  (Read 2212 times)

Offline IknowJT

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
I am absolutely loving this mod, it's so wacky and inventive and deeply, deeply engrossing.

I do have a question which I think might be a bug, or maybe I'm researching certain topics too soon?

I'm getting any empty research screen on certain topics, as in, when the research is completed it completely bypasses the results and goes directly to "Allocate Research." No examination results or anything. And I don't know if I'm getting the next unlock in the tech tree? For example, when researching a Deep One Warrior, am I supposed to get the next in the path like Deep Chants? There's no examination screen or results, but it WILL allow me to Manufacture their corpses for meat. But I don't get further research.

Other topics I've encountered:
Seagull Missiles
Academy Drone

Please advise. If I am missing research, is there a debug console command to force it to give certain tech so I'm not locked out?

Thanks in advance!

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
Re: Loving the Game! Question About Empty Research Screens... Bug?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 03:49:32 am »
Generally speaking a blank screen happens when there are multiple methods to reach the linked popup entry. Only the first time yields the popup. Also in the case of units there is usually both an examination and a description entry. The description is the one that gets the popup by standard, and the exam by default does not.