aliens

Author Topic: [MOD] Reincarnation 0.2b  (Read 13609 times)

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [MOD] Reincarnation 0.2b
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 02:09:31 pm »
[...] to locking them up in a special kind of power suit/tank from which they can never get out of, ala 40k's Dreadnoughts [...]

That is an idea I like!

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2019, 04:42:12 pm »
Or... CYBORGS! Green seems nice to give that option from dead gals and lore from Technocracy would be used.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 04:52:49 pm »
... there could be a chance to fuck up and turn them into degenerate ghouls or something.

In a usual compaign I have like 300-400 Gals dead.. What will be the suggested chance to raise a Degenerate Ghoul instead of a cyborg? I'm looking forward to get a Legion of the Damned.

niculinux

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 05:20:55 pm »
Or... CYBORGS! Green seems nice to give that option from dead gals and lore from Technocracy would be used.

I like this one, might cost not a load of money, but  specific technology is needed, plus they may improve  very very very slowly; reimnds me kinda galaxy 999 questbfor mechanichal bodies!

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
  • Dirty, dangerous, and kinda sexy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 06:11:41 pm »
I mean, its just an idea. Randomness is something that need to be handled well or you can end up creating more frustration then interest from the player. The chances could be like, 65% for a ghoul thing, 35% of something better, or something. Whatever the "something better" thing ends up being, it should be better enough to warrant the player spending enough time and resources to eventualy get it.

Then again, just an idea. Whatever Dioxine eventualy ends up will bring another thing to look foward to during the game.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2019, 06:34:35 pm »
The chances could be like, 65% for a ghoul thing, 35% of something better, or something. Whatever the "something better" thing ends up being, it should be better enough to warrant the player spending enough time and resources to eventualy get it.

Every chance-depending thing tends to end up in an abuse.
Like me buying 1000 Freak gals just to get 40 with 115 TU and all other stats almost maxed.

Offline Rince Wind

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2019, 09:54:32 pm »
I don't think randomness is even possible here.

But you could make it depend on the stats, I think. And if Dioxine is mean he won't allow us to properly raise the best gals, because they get into some kind of gal valhalla and don't want to leave, so we'll only get zombielike things from them, while good gals that were not almost maxed out might be willing to return to earn their own proper place.

Offline Negative

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2019, 09:03:21 pm »
AFAIK, background says the Star Gods have some sort of "immortality" tech, which is consciousness transferring to cloned body. When StarGod's body is kinda weared out and about to die - he transfers himself into another one. So, when you get this tech somehow(StarGod detention?) you can make "backup" of gal's mind. This process will take some time, but if gal dies after this, she would have been resurrected. In "saved" condition, with some progress loss.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2019, 03:48:17 am »
Personally I'm against the player getting perfect ressurection tech, for both lore and gameplay reasons. In order for it to be relevant in regular gameplay, it shouldn't be some sort of hyper expensive late game tech, because by then you'll prob already have so many fully trained gals that it wouldn't really matter much to keep one gal or another from getting snuffed.
Lore wise, it wouldn't make much sense for the gals, who can't even reproduce optronic computing (as stated in the research text) to perfectly reproduce tech that only the star gods have.
If reincarnation tech is added, it should be much like the other stuff the gals manage to make: dirty, dangerous, and maybe kinda sexy, but far from perfect.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2019, 07:52:30 pm »
dirty, dangerous, and maybe kinda sexy, but far from perfect.

Of course!

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 06:02:29 pm »
StarGod detention?

How abotu Star God defection? I mean they do face internal dissent.

niculinux

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 07:10:43 pm »
Don't wanna sound repetitive, but i'd insist on the cybirg thing, may be more easier to implement; plus would fit well with the setampunk/cyberpunk theme of the game. Jyst remembered about the System Shock (the firts) death cinematic:

Offline LytaRyta

• Colonel
  • Lisbeth ;p My Engrish is easy bad, Csaba is dead!
    • View Profile
    • svetmightandmagic.cz
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2019, 08:28:42 pm »
I like this one, might cost not a load of money, but  specific technology is needed, plus they may improve  very very very slowly; reimnds me kinda galaxy 999 quest for mechanichal bodies!

http://blog.gearsonline.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ge999-02.jpg   :P  8)
:-*  8)

Maetel ~~ Galaxy Express 999

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 12:09:16 am »
Don't wanna sound repetitive, but i'd insist on the cybirg thing, may be more easier to implement; plus would fit well with the setampunk/cyberpunk theme of the game. Jyst remembered about the System Shock (the firts) death cinematic:

I thought more about C&C cyborgs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N513XMB3FA

Or

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc/images/e/e0/NodMutantResearch.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20060518085448

Or

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/262bb5d7-2040-4390-bec8-9f2e130cda12/d375jdp-88d46ff4-0d76-455c-b2d6-7849428eca17.jpg

I think they look crude enough to be build by Ubers in mid game, or even ordered to do so by Technocracy.

Offline Dakkdakk

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 05:11:03 pm »
Maybe the reincarnation stuff could tie in with the doctor X storyline and the biolab you can get, or expand on it in some way. Something like this: at some point you get some sort of tech that lets you bring back your dead gals as something (whatever that something is), and then, when you get your hands on doctor X and the biolab, you can then upgrade said something to something sexybetter.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 05:13:03 pm by Dakkdakk »