Author Topic: Mixing up the BASE  (Read 312 times)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Mixing up the BASE
« on: December 19, 2018, 06:14:38 pm »
Hey just want to make a Suggestion,
 I would love to have a option to increase the size of the Base from its current size to at least 8x8 ( or 10x10). I would also like the option to have some blocks on baes build be un-usable ( so you can never build a base item there).

Reason:
this would force me to finally use some different base layouts & i would be able to add hallway blocks to the game to mix in with my Security blocks for better Defence/layouts.

Offline FeruEnzeru[RETIRED/I QUIT]

• Colonel
  • retired, because of Meridian and his followers. 👎
    • View Profile
Re: Mixing up the BASE
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 08:08:00 pm »
@Luke83
Hmmm... well that's great. Mixing up the base could be a 27% good and 15% neutral idea.

I'll maybe wait for a 2020s future where i want my zoom in/out limits for geoscape so that i can easily build another base other than after my first to second bases on the edges of the pacific isles (especially hawaiian isles) right to the too much zoomed in pixels for me to see (problem afaicr is the whole "XCOM bases cannot be built underwater" crap, unless i or someone can find appropriate place to build).

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 12:31:34 am »
Secondary request, ( most likely more related to OXCE), Can we have the option to Upgrade a base  facility from one to another without having to disassemble and build the new type, for example say i have Security Station built, i should be able to upgrade it to a security station with a Auto Turret when the funds & tech become available, looking at the current options i would need to disassemble the base facility and build the new type... As long as i could script which facilities can be upgraded  and to what  other units it would be useful feature.

Currently i will just assume i need to disassemble everything to upgrade it.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • Aaand we're back!
    • View Profile
    • My Wiki
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 12:33:13 am »
That's already possible.

PS: and if you already know your suggestion is for OXCE, then put it in OXCE subforum pls.